Prayers Requested

So glad to hear the good news! Hopefully the worst is over now. I'll continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers as Margaret continues to recover. 2thumbs

Update: Margaret had her first radiation treatment this morning. It went well and much less to it than expected. She commented this is not bad at all, nothing like I had dreaded. I attribute that to the prayers that went before the Father and He answered.
Thanks to all for praying, I will try to update as often as I can. Jim

good to hear it's starting to get better Jim...hang in there..

Margaret is officially 1/2 though the radiation treatments. Had some infection in drainage tube incision. Got started on another antibiotic. While at surgeon's office she had the drainage tube and bottle removed. YEA!!!! One less hole and chances of more infections. The radiation has caused the expected fatigue, but she is still moving about and happy to be over the hill.

Good to hear Jim.
Always a comfort to know
that God answers prayers.
I know He will continue doing so.

God bless,Keith

Radiation balloon is out, she dreaded the removal, but did not even know when it was pulled out. Got home yesterday and is resting today. You will never know how much I appreciated your prayers. Sitting in the cancer treatment center really shocked me at just how widespread this devil is. Young and old, many struggling with just living. It made me realize how fortunate we were to have caught this cancer so early. To all on this forum that have traveled the same or similar road. I really do understand your pain now.
God Bless All of You,
Jim

Sorry to be late Jim, But never to late for Our prayers for everything to turn out 100%!!

Oh, that is wonderful!!
Great news for sure....I'm really happy she doesn't have to do chemo!!!!

Continued prayers for her good health and for you in your unwavering support of her.
God bless you both. :)

Just a long update,

We went back to the surgeons office for what we thought was a final follow up on the surgery and radiation. The radiation oncologist had already dismissed us. Boy, were we surprised. The surgeon said, (contradicting earlier statements) that she was sending the tissue samples off to a lab out west for gene study to see if Margaret fell into one of three groups. Low, Medium or High Risk of cancer returning. And that she was referring her to a medical oncologist for chemo evaluations. We met with the Medical oncologist last week, she said, "Depending on what group Margaret falls into, would determine what type of chemo she would have." (We are thinking, What the devil is going on??) If low risk, she can get by with one pill a day for FIVE years (just 500 a month), if medium or high, she has to start the intravenous IV chemo within 2 months of surgery. Great news. :mad: We had a cruise scheduled (given to us by our wonderful daughter) to the Mediterranean in October. Now if the report due next week places her medium or high, trip is off and will be lost. Not another time to go for daughter and son-in-law. I am not so upset about the trip, just have been torn apart a little at a time with what might be ahead.

Please hold Margaret up in prayer, the radiation wiped her out and she is just now beginning to gain her strength back. Her immune system is already very weak due to her diabetes, I dread thinking what the chemo would do.

Pray specifically please that she is low risk and we can get on with our lives.

She has been ill or in pain since July 09 and has not been dressed except to go to Doctor since then. Cervical fusion, shingles, colon problems, diabetes sugar highs, epidurals for pain from the shingles, blisters are long gone, but pain remains. Doctor said she could have them for another year.

Thanks to all that have been praying and all that will continue to hold her up to the Father.

Thanks for being there for us, May God Bless you.
Jim

Jim, Brenda and I still have her in our prayers and we both hope for the best for both of you. God Bless

I wish I could take that pain for her...
Smoke is rolling for Good news: prayers for an end to the pain and suffering,and that you two can make the cruise.
Blessings to ya!
DSCN5498.jpg

Back