Prayers Requested

Isaiah 40:31

Jim,your wife and you will be in our thoughts
and prayers.As you already know,God knew
of this problem,and has had it worked out
long before anyone else knew about it.Keep
your faith.Keep us posted.

God bless,Keith

Jim i'm sorry to here this. Stay strong it will take the two of you to get through this.
I wish for all the best for your wife and yourself.

Bob

Surgery is tomorrow, guys and gals, I would appreciate some real life stories of how your woman, Mother, sister or wife handled the surgery and the good and the bad. I am just lost thinking of all the options and consequences.
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts,
Jim

My mom was a cancer survivor. I was too little to really remember much, but she had surgery to stop ovarian cancer. She wasn't able to have any more children, but she lived another 3 decades and had a full life. My point is, that was way back in the early 70's and of course medicine has come a long long way since then.

One of my best friends from childhood was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer in his early thirties, about 6 years ago. They told him he had about 6 months tops to get his affairs in order. I cried like a little girl when he asked me to look after his young son if he didn't make it. With aggressive treatment, good nutrition and a lot of courage and prayer, I'm happy to say my friend is still alive and working today.

At the time Jeff was diagnosed, I cut my hair for the first time in about 15 years and donated it to charitable organizations in honor of him and my mom, and have been doing that every couple years since. I'm about due for a cut, and I'll think of your wife when I have it done.

Keeping your family in our prayers :)

Last edited:
Prayers for both of you Jim. I only have bad stories about C.I do know that good or bad, you being a Rock for your wife will carry the day. I wish you both the best. Bill

My mom is a breast cancer survivor. She developed the cancer symptoms shortly after I was born (almost 17 years ago) and she is still healthy today. I know it sounds bad, but I didn't give her cancer! At least not on purpose :eek:

Jim, Wednesday June 30 is exactly one year since I had my surgery. I opted for the lumpectomy versus the full mastectomy, since my doc told me that my chances of recurrence would be about the same either way. He also took out 5 "sentinel" lymph nodes, which tested clear of cancer.

It really wasn't bad at all....fairly short recovery time, and the pain was tolerable with the meds. I don't remember ever being afraid, oddly enough. It was my family who had the hardest time of it, being scared for me. They had a much harder time emotionally all the way around, than I did. I KNEW that I was going to beat it. I refused to entertain even the slightest hint of negativity and I wouldn't let anyone around me be negative, either. I'm convinced that, along with early detection, allowed me to win the battle.

You and your wife will be in my daily prayers, throughout her journey. Please, if there is anything I can do, or if you have questions you'd like to ask a survivor, I'd be happy to do whatever I can. Just send me a PM. :)

Marie, I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say thank you for sharing your experience and courage, and I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Jim, keep keepin' on. You know we're all pulling for your wife and you. :)

Reported at 4pm: All clear on the frozen samples, have to wait on final pathology to be sure, but so far, everything looked as good as it could at this time. Thanks for praying.

Reported at 9:05pm: We are home now, she is a little loony from the pain medicine. Overall doing very well. Now let us pray for a great pathology report due in 72 hours or so. If so, the radiation treatment can be done via a balloon inserted in the office and removed in the office 7 days later and she will be done. Thanks to all who prayed and the answer we received from our Creator. All Praise be to Him.

I really appreciate the friendships I have made on this forum and the care and concern you all have for one another, it is truly a family.

Thank You,
Jim

Reported at 4pm: All clear on the frozen samples, have to wait on final pathology to be sure, but so far, everything looked as good as it could at this time. Thanks for praying.

Reported at 9:05pm: We are home now, she is a little loony from the pain medicine. Overall doing very well. Now let us pray for a great pathology report due in 72 hours or so. If so, the radiation treatment can be done via a balloon inserted in the office and removed in the office 7 days later and she will be done. Thanks to all who prayed and the answer we received from our Creator. All Praise be to Him.

I really appreciate the friendships I have made on this forum and the care and concern you all have for one another, it is truly a family.

Thank You,
Jim

We hope the news keeps getting better, Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Please keep up with the updates. Its really nice to know whats going on!

I am as well, she rested ALL night without pain medication! Is resting now, but alert and talking. Last surgery she had, the intubation really hurt her throat and she could not talk for 3 weeks after surgery without Cloroseptic. I had posted request for prayers here and Facebook, plus notified all our church's missionaries and Christian friends to put her on the prayer lists and prayer chains. God answered those prayers in a mighty way. I will forever be grateful for my friends lifting us up in prayer.
Because of Him,
Jim

That is wonderful to hear!!! I'm SO happy she's doing so well.2thumbs

Update On the Love of My Life, for 46 years now.

We got the final pathology report and we had good news and some bad. The good news is the cancer had NOT spread to the lymph nodes, they were clean. The surgeon missed some cancer and Margaret now has to have another surgery to clean up the margins. She is a candidate for a new procedure with a radiation balloon. The balloon will be inserted at the same time of second surgery and then we will have twice a day visits to radiologist for five days and then we should be done for good. The balloon can be taken out in an office visit. So we are planning a mini vacation in Birmingham so we will not have to travel every day. Twice a day and spend 6 hours on the road each day.

I really appreciate the prayers, God is good and we will face this new challenge knowing all things work together for good to them who love the Lord and are called according to His purposes. Romans 8:28

Jim
BTW: KEEP PRAYING, Journey not quite over.

Back