I'll be looking for volunteers

IG,
I found your normal HT relish recipe in Patrice's cookbook. How many pounds of habanero do you use for a batch and how do you prepare them? Do you take the seeds out, like I have read about with jalapenos?
How much of the eBay pepper did you put in your batch? I will go back to the beginning of this thread, perhaps you mentioned that.
Looking forward to the package arriving with a little apprehension, my son is very worried about his stunted growth!:D
Regards,
Fred

IG,
I found your normal HT relish recipe in Patrice's cookbook. How many pounds of habanero do you use for a batch and how do you prepare them? Do you take the seeds out, like I have read about with jalapenos?
How much of the eBay pepper did you put in your batch? I will go back to the beginning of this thread, perhaps you mentioned that.
Looking forward to the package arriving with a little apprehension, my son is very worried about his stunted growth!:D
Regards,
Fred

The Habs, I wash them, then take the stem off, thats all. I got 1/2 lb. of the dried ghost chilies I soak them is balsamic vinegar, once they swell up I took the same amount of the habs and just smoke them all up for 3 hours. I like to dry smoke them.;)

Ig,
Thanks for the reply. I have never made a relish and am tempted to copy yours. You just spread it on whatever you want to spice up. The only Habanero that I have tasted is the Tobasco brand.
Thanks again.
Fred
Does 1/2 H and 1/2 GC=750,000 units:)

Last edited:
Face Melt Challange

Hi guys,

Linda and I went up to North Conway, NH for the weekend. We got there kind of late, so instead of going right to the hotel we went to a local saloon. I ordered some type of Mex burger with holapenos on it. The waiter asked if I like hot food, of course we all know that answer. He told me about this local eatery that is now having the "Face Melt Challange". I smiled and told him "I'm there". Saturday late afternoon Linda and I went to the Hilltop BBQ in Glen, NH.

The waitress asked what we were ordering, and I asked about the Challange, so here it is: 10 wings, you have 5 minutes to eat them, no drink, you have to eat them off the bone, you're not allowed to strip the bone with your fingers, after you have consumed the wings you have to wait 1 more minute before you can drink.

So that is what I ordered, the cook brought the wings out and the time starts when you pick up the first wing.

My biggest problem was eating that fast, but I ate 10 wings in less than 4 minutes. It was funny, while I'm eating the waitress who was keeping time said to another waitress, "he's not turning red yet", the other watress answers, "My God, he's not even sweating".

They use a Hab sauce that he sprinkles with Ghost Pepper powder, obviously not enough, IG's latest batch is at least twice as hot as the ones I had for the challange, don't get me wrong, mere mortals would crap their pants, cause those wings were very very hot, but I've been eating Wa..Wa..Wally's HT relish since he started making it, and I LOVE it :D

Check out the pics.

PICT2943.jpg

PICT2945.jpg

PICT2946.jpg

PICT2947.jpg

Cute, huh? :eek:

This is relatively new to the Hilltop, their have been 37 people who have tried it and I'm the 4th one to meet the challange, you get your picture posted on "The Wall of Flame" and a tee shirt, (which they haven't got yet, but I'm waiting).

Hi IG ,
I noticed that Larry T. was not phased by the wings, but I got curious about something.
I noticed he was wearing plastic gloves for protection. What kind of shielding did he wear on his lips and tonsils??

Hi IG ,
I noticed that Larry T. was not phased by the wings, but I got curious about something.
I noticed he was wearing plastic gloves for protection. What kind of shielding did he wear on his lips and tonsils??

They made him wear them.:eek: Didn't need anything on his lips and etc.:confused: He has been eatting my Ht'g Relish for years. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

The sample got here safely and I did give it a try on some chips and it is indeed spicy. I will have to come up with something a little better than chips to give it a real tasting.
Good stuff!

Pelallito said:
... Pelallito
Hi IG ,

Pelallito,

I actually warmed up for the challange by taking a teaspoon of IG"s Hab/Ghost pepper and chewed it up real good before swallowing it....YUM YUM :) Everything you eat after that is very mild, plus you can no longer taste it ...BUMMER :D

I started eating food with hot peppers around 1973 :eek: maybe before you were born, but anyway, the reason for the gloves, if you were to get that sauce on your hands, and several hours latter you rubbed your eye, or scratched you balls ban1 you would be a hurtin' critter! :eek: :bud:

... I will have to come up with something a little better than chips to give it a real tasting.
Good stuff!

mrnewberry,

Your best bet is to make a chili or something that you would normally spice up, and start with a measured amount of Hab/Ghost pepper and work up or down from their. 2thumbs That stuff is awesome.

By the way, each new batch, can be of different heat, depends where the peppers were grown.

IG and Larry,
Thanks for the replies and explanations!
This part-
I started eating food with hot peppers around 1973 maybe before you were born, but anyway, the reason for the gloves, if you were to get that sauce on your hands, and several hours latter you rubbed your eye, or scratched you balls you would be a hurtin' critter!
Had me laughing! At the same time giving me a perspective of the power of these peppers.
I probably started enjoying spicy food about the same time Larry, as you did. But I don't think that I have tried anything at the level you guys are at.
I am looking forward to the samples arrival.
Regards guys,
Fred

IG and Larry,
Thanks for the replies and explanations!
This part-
I started eating food with hot peppers around 1973 maybe before you were born, but anyway, the reason for the gloves, if you were to get that sauce on your hands, and several hours latter you rubbed your eye, or scratched you balls you would be a hurtin' critter!
Had me laughing! At the same time giving me a perspective of the power of these peppers.
I probably started enjoying spicy food about the same time Larry, as you did. But I don't think that I have tried anything at the level you guys are at.
I am looking forward to the samples arrival.
Regards guys,
Fred

Dude, I'll be 62 in a couple of months. I am a Portagee and I was brought up on spicy foods.:D;)

I made a 2-3 gallon of Cajun chicken stew on saturday and the only hot season I used was a butter bean size of Indian George's new recipe. Great flavor and plenty hot enough was the benefit from that stuff. I found out another added benefit from that pepper relish, next it proved to be an excellent colon cleanser.:rolleyes:

I'll take a 5 gallon pail of the relish & 5 gallons of sauce.

Got it covered,bubba??

Need it by Thanksgiving...............................

:beg::beg:

:D:D:D

I made a 2-3 gallon of Cajun chicken stew on saturday and the only hot season I used was a butter bean size of Indian George's new recipe. Great flavor and plenty hot enough was the benefit from that stuff. I found out another added benefit from that pepper relish, next it proved to be an excellent colon cleanser.:rolleyes:

Yep!!! It gets you coming and going.:D

Back