Zeus oak bowie

hariklis

hi again friend's.
a bowie this time, made in order for a customer boar hunter, wanted a large blade for slaughtering and gut opening the hogs, he wand bowie style blade and let the choice of the handle shape and material to me.
becouse this knife need to be a hard worker i decide to use zeus oak wood,a special kind of oak, a holy tree! and very very strong!!, here in GREECE call it oak of Zeus, the royal oak, because in antiquity these trees dedicated to the god Zeus. and it was forbidden to cut, offenders punished by the death penalty.
This tree is similar to what is commonly called Holm oak, but not exactly the same.
well enough with the history lesson:biggrin: here is some spec's
blade 52100, 18cm. long, 4,5mm thik flat grind mirror polished.
handle zeus oak in natural color 13cm. long with brass guard and pin.

9wnn.jpg

yp9u.jpg

uz94.jpg

6uic.jpg

h5sw.jpg

and with seath, also made in customer preference, simple black with double lock

cl90.jpg

and another one from behind

78vr.jpg

well that's all i hope not bored you, and offcourse i hope you like it!, and any comment are wellcome as allways

Last edited:
Very interesting! To me, knowing some about the wood, where it comes from, and its history ( in this case) provide uniqueness and depth for a blade.

Thanx a lot guys for kind wards, and mister svinarich i feel the same, and allways apreciate if knife maker can give me some more informations about knife and his material history

Back