Your thoughts on the deep carry debate

What are your thoughts on "deep carry" clips?

• I only use deep carry clips

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
CD, sorry about the misspelling, what I meant is that I have lost more than one pocket knife that the clip slipped off my pocket opening causing it to be lost. I have never lost a knife that was sitting in the bottom of my pocket.

Doug

I'm just a clutz. I have scratched my car / truck fender more than once because I forgot I had a metal clip hanging on my pocket as I leaned over trying to see why the POS would not run today. Belt buckles are good for that, too. That's why all the cool kid mechanics used to turn their belt buckle to the side back in the olden days when Ken and Steve were in school. (HA!) Ken scratched his brand new Studebaker so many times he gave up on cars and put out to sea in cutoff jeans and flip flops and let old Jimmy Buffet sing his blues away.

I'm just a clutz. I have scratched my car / truck fender more than once because I forgot I had a metal clip hanging on my pocket as I leaned over trying to see why the POS would not run today. Belt buckles are good for that, too. That's why all the cool kid mechanics used to turn their belt buckle to the side back in the olden days when Ken and Steve were in school. (HA!) Ken scratched his brand new Studebaker so many times he gave up on cars and put out to sea in cutoff jeans and flip flops and let old Jimmy Buffet sing his blues away.
As much as I love clipped knives, I have to admit... The current scoreboard reads: Spyderco - 4, Kia - 0

I don't like clips. They catch on stuff, scratch stuff etc. They don't feel good in hand and they're kind of in the way at times.

I put them on some of my knives because some folks have to have one.

Back