Ya know what grinds my gears?

I think of the many things that have that potential and for me it’s burning the blade (hot spot when finish grinding). It doesn’t happen very often now but when I first started it would ‘Grind my gears’.

Running an old belt and hearing that tick, tick, tick, then, TICK, TICK, TICK.....step to the side and wait for it....BANG !
and another belt bites the dust in full anger. that always livens up the ol shop and gets your attention o_O :D.

Same with my portable grinder. I always step back when it starts thumping.
That's got to be one of the scariest friggin things that can happen, and you know in the back of your head at sometime, could be six months, could be a year, but it's going to happen again.
for me it's like, do I reach for the switch or just get the hell out of the way, I get out of the way. because you may have 5 seconds or you may have one...;)

That's got to be one of the scariest friggin things that can happen, and you know in the back of your head at sometime, could be six months, could be a year, but it's going to happen again.
for me it's like, do I reach for the switch or just get the hell out of the way, I get out of the way. because you may have 5 seconds or you may have one...;)
Yep. I have a foot control so that helps.

Reactions: Owl
Back