Where To Get New Logo And Stencils

SPAknives

Happy New Year Everyone!
Hey I am looking for some to possibly help me design a new logo for my makers mark. I know it has been a few years ago but it seems like there was a guy here who could help with that and also make digital logos.
Also wondering which you all use to have your stencils made. I have been using the same guy for a few years and he has been great. Judt wondering what other options there are. Thanks ya'll

I use to use Ernie but switched to IMG a few years ago. Much better design and stencil life than Ernie and they are cheaper in the long run.

I use Ernie

I also used his electrolyte recipe. Initial cash outlay is higher for the ingredients but it works great and I'll never run out.

Yeah, I can’t say as to what some are doing to not get good life from Ernie’s stencils, but I get 8+ blades per stencil! For even his initial cost of $65(for new design. Getting more of the same is cheaper), I’m not sure what more a person thinks they should get.
That's the problem, is only getting 8 blades per stencil. A stencil should last much longer. Maybe give IMG a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.

LOL, 8 is the lowest I have ever done is what I was trying to convey. I have also done over 20 blades per stencil! If I had to average, it’s probably a dozen or so.., I don’t know. Point is, Ernie supplies 12 stencils per order. Even at the intro fee of $65, and lets just say you get 10 per...., well, that’s like $0.54 cents a blade. If you think that is a problem, and you are happy with IMG, I’m happy for you. As for me, I’m extremely satisfied with Ernie. I also use his recipe for electrolyte. (He gives that info away FREE). Ernie is a Knifemaker Maker who makes stencils FOR knife makers.
As long as your happy stay with Ernie. I was trying to give options to the OP. To each his own.

I know this thread is a little old, but I need some options.

Neither Ernie nor Bo are responding to my emails for new work so I need some recommendations
for a good stencil maker...

Just placed an order with IMG and got the stencils in a few days. Patricia called me the same day I filled out the form on the website.

Is there a preferred side of the blade for the logo? I like it like this. Does this size look good?

generally most maker marks go on the face side which is the left side as you point it away from you. Steel marks usually go on the reverse (right) side. There are really no rules so your mark can go anywhere you like.

generally most maker marks go on the face side which is the left side as you point it away from you. Steel marks usually go on the reverse (right) side. There are really no rules so your mark can go anywhere you like.

Thanks! I kind of like my logo running away from the handle. I guess I can try both sides when I get some stencils.

Is this logo to big? Maybe I need multiple sizes depending on blade size?

Thanks! I kind of like my logo running away from the handle. I guess I can try both sides when I get some stencils.

Is this logo to big? Maybe I need multiple sizes depending on blade size?
I started out with 2 sizes to use for different size blades. I found that the larger size I originally ordered was too big. Just recently put in a reorder and got a smaller size to use.

My stencils are through TUS Technologies. Been very happy with the product. They come as 5 stencils on one sheet. The first 5 have lasted me about 3 years, somewhere north of 100 blades or so. Was getting 15+ blades with each stencil before I felt the mark was getting less crisp at the edges.

I use electrolyte from USAKnifemakers and have been cleaning my etches and stencils with their neutralyte too. Stuff lasts a long time.

I started out with 2 sizes to use for different size blades. I found that the larger size I originally ordered was too big. Just recently put in a reorder and got a smaller size to use.

My stencils are through TUS Technologies. Been very happy with the product. They come as 5 stencils on one sheet. The first 5 have lasted me about 3 years, somewhere north of 100 blades or so. Was getting 15+ blades with each stencil before I felt the mark was getting less crisp at the edges.

I use electrolyte from USAKnifemakers and have been cleaning my etches and stencils with their neutralyte too. Stuff lasts a long time.

Thanks, I'm working on getting new stencils and I already have the electrolyte and neutralyte from USAKnifemakers.

Back