One I can't wait to start on...

OnTheBench2014010_zpsdb3e7c68.jpg

Redwood Burl
Copper Liners
Copper Corby Bolts
Rawhide Wrap
and I might do a thin black G10 liner between the steel and copper liner

Hi,
this is what I have in work. All the blades are O1, some from Starrett, some from Sheffield,England
these are awaiting polishing and finishing the handles.
aldone.jpg
these need handles
awhandle.jpg
cleavers and a seax profiled waiting for heat treat
cleav.jpg
paring/utility profiled waiting for heat treat
pare.jpg
thanks for looking
scott

Last edited:
Thanks Steven
And thanks a lot gor the info, itcseems bit vomplicated for me now, but i love your finishes, so might end up ttying thrm soon

GHEzell, thanks :)
Sweet looking blades you got. You made the damascus yourself? Or bought and profiled/ground it?

Nice looking blades, Scott. Thanks for sharing with us.

SHOKR, if you do and have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Here are the next batch of knives I'll be working on. I just moved so I am still setting up my work shop so it may be a bit until I can get started. They are all A2 heat treated by Peters. One of these will most likely be my Kith knife, maybe the top one, but I want to be setup before I throw my name in the hat.
du4utera.jpg

Thanks Steven
And thanks a lot gor the info, itcseems bit vomplicated for me now, but i love your finishes, so might end up ttying thrm soon

GHEzell, thanks :)
Sweet looking blades you got. You made the damascus yourself? Or bought and profiled/ground it?

Thanks man, I make my own damascus steel. It helps having a good friend who has a power-hammer...:)

Thank you, Laurence! I'm having a hard time putting this one down. Going to try some texturing on it too.

this is whats on my bench right now. have to have handle material before you can finish a blade. now what to do with all this. I think ill take it to the sawmill and let them cut it into 2 inch thick pieces then kiln dry some and bring some home to dry naturally. 0205141204b.jpg

Busy season hit up at work so shop time has been hard to find, but I'm getting a little work done. Here is what I am currently working on...

IMG_20140306_134224_zpsqme627ot.jpg

IMG_20140306_161342_zpstswwzrm0.jpg

IMG_20140306_162026_zpsqkmehu8h.jpg

IMG_20140308_173947_zps2vamax19.jpg

IMG_20140308_181923_zps50qwh4k4.jpg

And the tool that makes it all happen...

IMG_20140308_144554_zpssvqu1dvd.jpg

Thanks, Laurence!

The wood on the big knife is Oregon maple, the copper liner one is Box Elder burl I believe and the purple one is buckeye burl. The customer bought the two last ones and sent them to me so I am not 100% sure. He is having a hard time remembering as well.

I love your blade finishes Steve.

You guys might enjoy this...
yyg039_zpsf63edc8c.jpg

The big one has a 15" blade of W1 with 2 twisted 1084/15n20 bars, and is the biggest pattern-welded blade I've yet to attempt, in fact I'm sourcing parts for a bigger quenching tube as we speak....

I have no excuse whatsoever not to make a sword now.
yyg042_zps73961ff8.jpg

Back