What's going on in your shop?

Bossdog-Check our Alec Steele on YouTube. He put together a bunch of stuff on gold inlays and engraving. Right up your alley.

I went and had a look at what he did. Basically we are doing the same thing, the tools are a bit different but the process is essentially the same. He started out with hammer and graver and then switched to pneumatic. I am using pneumatic for all of it.

I went and had a look at what he did. Basically we are doing the same thing, the tools are a bit different but the process is essentially the same. He started out with hammer and graver and then switched to pneumatic. I am using pneumatic for all of it.

I follow his stuff from time to time. Usually, he works above my pay grade but it is interesting.

Your engraving is coming along nicely. Looking forward to see what you do with the gold square.

That looks great. I admire your patience.

Working on some camp bowies. Got them cut out on the bandsaw yesterday.
v3VQzJb.jpg

Giving the little saw a workout. :). Looks like you have a nice batch going. What's the specs on your steel? If you have time please post some "in-progress" and finished pics. Thanks!!!
Its 3/16 1075 steel from the barron. Planning on doing hamons on these. Yes the little saw was tired but still kicking. I have got my money worth out of this port band from HF.

Yes the little saw was tired but still kicking. I have got my money worth out of this port band from HF.[/QUOTE said:
I've got a Dewalt with a Swag Off Road table. Some of the best money I've spent so far. Beats the heck out of a grinder and cutoff wheel. :)

[ QUOTE="luciusx5, post: 385022, member: 24309"][/QUOTE]

That is no joke. Like most guys I started off with a cutoff wheel because I thought it would be fast and a more flexible tool. After using a bandsaw I hope to never use a cutoff wheel ever again in my life. I cringe now when I see them used. A SWAG table and a portaband is a genius setup.

[ QUOTE="luciusx5, post: 385022, member: 24309"]

That is no joke. Like most guys I started off with a cutoff wheel because I thought it would be fast and a more flexible tool. After using a bandsaw I hope to never use a cutoff wheel ever again in my life. I cringe now when I see them used. A SWAG table and a portaband is a genius setup.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, I started with a hack saw. I have use cut off wheels on grinders for other things and new that was not going to be the most accurate and safest way. Once I got the portband set up and realized how versatile it is I quickly realized behind my grinder it is my seconds most used tool.

Back