What's going on in your shop?

Been working on this: 1/16" thick Chisel ground 1095
411940181.jpg

411940180.jpg

...And this
411940179.jpg

Great looking work, Daniel. I love that first knife.
Thanks Brandant!

This is pretty much my version of a Bushcraft knife! tapered tang and Etched 52100 what more could you want??:DWhat do you think? What do want in a bushcraft knife?

411946775.jpg

411946777.jpg

Side note...Do I post to many picture? I feel like I'm posting allot of pictures and I was just wondering if you all just get bored of seeing them?

Just curious!

Thanks Brandant!

This is pretty much my version of a Bushcraft knife! tapered tang and Etched 52100 what more could you want??:DWhat do you think? What do want in a bushcraft knife?

411946775.jpg

411946777.jpg

Side note...Do I post to many picture? I feel like I'm posting allot of pictures and I was just wondering if you all just get bored of seeing them?

Just curious!
Get bored of seeing them? Heck no!!! I get jealous because it seems you crank knives out waayy faster than me :)

Daniel I like when people post pics of different knives so I can study them. I am starting to say, hay that is Daniels knife and then seeing your name. Great work. Ed

Get bored of seeing them? Heck no!!! I get jealous because it seems you crank knives out waayy faster than me :)

That chisel ground and harpoon point are nice Daniel, really like both profiles

Daniel I like when people post pics of different knives so I can study them. I am starting to say, hay that is Daniels knife and then seeing your name. Great work. Ed
Thanks Guys! Well I have another one I'm working on....:biggrin:

An ambitious attempt of a Wheeler style bowie is afoot! Kind of a end of the year, best I can do, sort of thing...
411951391.jpg

Here I used a marker to show where the hardening line is on here
411951390.jpg

Well its been a big week for my little shop. I've got in some major upgrades. My pheer 454 sander came in and I love it .... might even name it. The owner of pheer grinders mr jose navaro has been a great help. On to the video.

[video=youtube;fNdY2d_Ib1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNdY2d_Ib1c[/video]

I know you are going to enjoy your Pheer, Thanks for the tip you did not know you gave. The eye bolt is an idea I will steel for short term. Ed

Working on a few Christmas projects ,a hunter for the brother in law and some folders for the nephews ,a pattern in the background.

IMG_0469.jpgWorking on a few Christmas projects ,a hunter for the brother in law and some folders for the nephews ,a pattern in the background.

Two I'm scrambling on to get them finished by Christmas. One is a nice hunter that is for a special project I do every Christmas. The other is a little vest bowie. They're ready to start the HT process which begins by giving them a bath in my salts. :)

John , As part of my learning process could tell me why you give the blades a bath in hot? or cold ? salts.

Sure Fred. I use high temp salts to do most of my heating applications these days. That includes normalizing, thermal cycling, stress relieving and in most cases austenitizing for the quench (although I still do some austenitizing heats in my forge.

View attachment 57378Working on a few Christmas projects ,a hunter for the brother in law and some folders for the nephews ,a pattern in the background.
I'm liking what I'm seein!!

Two I'm scrambling on to get them finished by Christmas. One is a nice hunter that is for a special project I do every Christmas. The other is a little vest bowie. They're ready to start the HT process which begins by giving them a bath in my salts.
smile.png
I'm so jealous of that surface ground finish of yours!I want one so bad! Do you us a stone or belt surface grinder?(looks like a stone)

May I ask what the special project is?

Daniel, it's a belt run surface grinder. It takes the same belts as my 2 x 72.

The Christmas project is something I've been doing for a few years now. It started as just a one time idea but quickly turned into an annual event. I make a knife of my choosing and sell it. It's always one of my higher end pieces, whether it's a hunter, bowie or folder. 100% of the proceeds I give anonymously to a random local struggling family (usually with kids) right before Christmas.

I can't hardly stand the idea of a nice family with kids not having a bright Christmas. The Christmas knife project is probably the highlight of my year, every year.

The Christmas project is something I've been doing for a few years now. It started as just a one time idea but quickly turned into an annual event. I make a knife of my choosing and sell it. It's always one of my higher end pieces, whether it's a hunter, bowie or folder. 100% of the proceeds I give anonymously to a random local struggling family (usually with kids) right before Christmas.

I can't hardly stand the idea of a nice family with kids not having a bright Christmas. The Christmas knife project is probably the highlight of my year, every year.

John
This kind gesture of Christmas spirit is outstanding and inspiring. Good for you.
DeMo

Back