What's going on in your shop?

Discussion in 'Knife Maker Shop Talk' started by Justin Presson, Apr 8, 2015.

1. opaul

opaul Well-Known Member

I thought so. You could always put a filter behind it if you are concerned about it pulling any air in.

2. Ty Adams

Ty Adams KNIFE MAKER

Thanks everyone, I feel very blessed to have the new house and shop. A cabinet maker ran his business out of it for 30 years. So it has all the bells and whistles already built in.

3. Ty Adams

Ty Adams KNIFE MAKER

Thanks Ed. It is a room with a toilet in it. I'm going to take out some of the shelving to add a sink with an on demand water heater. It probably won't be much work to add a shower as well.

opaul likes this.
  4. Sleestack

Sleestack Well-Known Member

I've got a couple folders going at different stages

[​IMG]

Justin Presson likes this.
  5. AkWildman

AkWildman Well-Known Member

Scored a loader fork yesterday,this piece weighs 140lbs and is about to get set in a 5 gallon bucket of cement. These make sweet post anvils.The rest of the fork is going towards my power hammer build. IMAG1845.jpg IMAG1846.jpg

Justin Presson and opaul like this.
  6. J. Doyle

J. Doyle Dealer - Purveyor

I'm really liking working with this KILLER walnut I've got. Love that feather curl figure.

IMG_20180209_094358_337.jpg

Dennis Morland, opaul and Matt Kirby like this.
  7. Cojab

Cojab Well-Known Member

WOW! That is nice.

8. EdCaffreyMS

EdCaffreyMS Forum Owner - Moderator

Took some time yesterday to build a much needed rack for the angle grinding area outside the back of the hot shop. Nothing special, just one of those...."needed" things. That greasy spot to the right is where I piped the exhaust for the air hammer outside..... makes it much quieter inside the shop. (doesn't seem to matter how often I clean up that oily stuff.....it's right back there the next time I look) :)

[​IMG]

Also got things ready to forge today..... the smaller billets are radial and explosion pattern that will be forged round for "plug welding" into other blades, and the large billets are another experiment :) That "experiment"? I've got this idea for a "can" billet with various shaped/patterned pieces within the billet(s). I think Tim and I will do a video on building that particular "can".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. Boatbuilder

Boatbuilder Well-Known Member

Man I have to get down there and make some steel.

10. EdCaffreyMS

EdCaffreyMS Forum Owner - Moderator

YES YOU DO!!! :) We've not talked in FAR too long! I'll check in with you tomorrow!

11. J. Doyle

J. Doyle Dealer - Purveyor

I've been working on a frame-handle bowie. I got these fantastic feather figure walnut scales all finished and ready to install. These are incredible in person!

IMG_20180214_175811_261.jpg

Justin Presson, GeneK and Ty Adams like this.
  12. GeneK

GeneK KNIFE MAKER

Beautiful work as always John. There isn't anything better looking than a good walnut crotch handle.

13. Justin Presson

Justin Presson Well-Known Member

At home today with boy, school was canceled due to ice so made this light for the new shop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]