What's going on in your shop?

I really like that. The twist gives it appeal as well as a grip. Did you mill the drill bit?
Nope. Everything you're looking at is done freehand. I drilled the hole with a cordless drill in the vise. I sized the drill bit shank by chucking it in a cordless drill and grinding it on a belt grinder with a 120 grit belt.

I always like to add a twist to the body of my punches. Gives it a neat look and like you said, grip. Sometimes I go for a LOT of tight twists, which gives a lot more "traction". This one I just did 1 full revolution.

If you decide to make one, I recommend leaving about an inch of extra material on the striking end. Forge it into about a 3/8" to 1/2" round. That way you can chuck it in your drill. It really speeds up the process of getting the body of the punch round. I did this one with files and an angle grinder.

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

Interim belt hanging. For now I’m just using the storage rack to hang belts. Long term plan is to drill holes in the top of a 2x6 to mount these hangers to install on another wall. It does block two shelves but I will be storing items I don’t use much.View attachment 81393View attachment 81394
Nice! I've seen some other members on here with a rolling belt rack. You could possibly do something like that or maybe have the 2X6 spaced off the wall 3 or so inches and hinged on one end. Then you could store less used or surplus belts on the back side of it.

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

I’m going to have to try that. What set up are you using. Is that a system you devised?
The flood coolant is but I set up my grinder similar to how Nathan Carothers (CPK knives) has his... Basically a trough and a few 'mud flaps' haha, stays pretty clean actually with not much mess I set up right

Rough grinding some hardened blades today... It's honestly hard to describe how nice it feels grinding under flood coolant. Of course it doesn't work for finish grinding (I use misters for that) but it makes rough grinding go QUICK

I'd like to see more of your setup if ya feel like sharing...i use a soaked rag that i hang right above my grinder that drips on the belt that works ok but the "mudflaps" sound like a great idea to keep the grinder from slinging water everywhere...would like to see how you did those

I'd like to see more of your setup if ya feel like sharing...i use a soaked rag that i hang right above my grinder that drips on the belt that works ok but the "mudflaps" sound like a great idea to keep the grinder from slinging water everywhere...would like to see how you did those
Sure I mounted a trough and used kydex for one of the 'mudflaps' and rubber horse stall matte for the other (although since this is an old Pic it's rubber for both). Here's a quick Pic and a video of how I use it with sharpening a knife... I have flood and mist coolant set up

i-g4XbbTb-X4.jpg

Making some Damascus Pizza Wheels! Came up with an interesting way to grind these, too! But I killed 2 PortaBand blades cutting 8 Shechita out of S90V (anyone else find hard spots in their steel from Jantz???) and then bunged up my 2" Idler wheel on my platen, so I took both my bandsaw and belt sander out of commission during my vacation when I actually had time off to work on stuff! :( New Idler wheels (rubber coated and aluminum) and Bandsaw blades should be in by the end of this weekend so I can get back up and running! Pizza.jpg

Back