What is your favorite Bible verse/verses?

SC_Knives

Hey guys, thought it would be cool to see what your favorite Bible verses are!

One of my favorites is Psalm 27:1-3 - It seems to fire me up when its been a rough day.

I can't say that I have a favorite, seems like what ever I'm reading at the time is my favorite. I would have to say that the entire New Testament is my favorite part of the Bible because of all the direct testimony from Jesus. I believe that the entire Bible is God's word and I like reading any and all of it.

I gotta go with what Calvin said.
I am a student of the scriptures, and yet I most often do not quote chapter and verse.
In my walk with the lord I have met far too many men who use biblical quotes to impress, and I've seen doing so turn away those who might not believe.

That being said...
One of the verses that I have always marveled at is Genesis 1:1
The descriptive of the omnipotent / triune/ figure who - from nothing - made all. You can spend some time just considering the depth of that one line.

Blessings,
Eric

Its hard to pick a certain verse, it seems like God gives the right one when it is needed.
That being said, can I pick an entire book? I think the book of Mark is one of my favorites, it just shows the true humanity of Christ. The whole book really makes you feel connected is some way. Jesus' compassion really shows through in Mark.

Gooing to the church is superting a bunch of pedofiles

Ben pelt,if I knew how to delete your post I would but I don't so I will kindly ask you to do It,please.
If you would like to come to this forum and learn about Christ you will be welcome, if not please go away and leave us alone.

Thanks,
Calvin

I have lots of verses I like John 3:16, 23 Psalms the list goes on. However sometimes this one humbles me and
puts things back into prespective. Just a single verse from the Lords prayor.

Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors

I like grace for me but I sometimes struggle handing grace out to others.
God Bless

Jesus Walks on the Water
When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake, where they got into a boat and set off across the lake for Capernaum. By now it was dark, and Jesus had not yet joined them. A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough. When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were frightened. But he said to them, “It is I; don’t be afraid.” Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading.
The next day the crowd that had stayed on the opposite shore of the lake realized that only one boat had been there, and that Jesus had not entered it with his disciples, but that they had gone away alone. Then some boats from Tiberias landed near the place where the people had eaten the bread after the Lord had given thanks. Once the crowd realized that neither Jesus nor his disciples were there, they got into the boats and went to Capernaum in search of Jesus.

I love this story. Today we think of walking on water as a huge miracle (Or in Canada hockey season). But for today we can look to this passage as Jesus reaching out to us in the middle of our personal storm. So often we (Myself included) look to God for a easy way out or to take away the pain. Jesus can and will do this on occasion however he always meets us when we are in the boat and the seas are rough. During rough times in life Jesus has always met me when I needed help the most.

PS Tell me to shut up if I become annoying
Brad

I love this story. Today we think of walking on water as a huge miracle (Or in Canada hockey season). But for today we can look to this passage as Jesus reaching out to us in the middle of our personal storm. So often we (Myself included) look to God for a easy way out or to take away the pain. Jesus can and will do this on occasion however he always meets us when we are in the boat and the seas are rough. During rough times in life Jesus has always met me when I needed help the most.

Well said..

Back