What are your favorite production folders?

• Thread starter silenthunterstudios
  • Start date

Favorite production company

• Benchmade

Votes: 37 28.2%
  • Spyderco

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Kershaw

Votes: 16 12.2%
  • Chris Reeves

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Strider

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Emerson

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Bark River

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Bussie

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • CRKT

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Buck

Votes: 11 8.4%

• Total voters
It's hard to narrow it down to just one company. Many of them offers so many great knives.

A Spyderco Endura 4 is in my EDC rotation so I voted Spydie, but I started EDCing serious blades with Boker Plus models. I find the Trance a very nice size for most jobs. I'm trying an M-Type right now; it seems to need a little lube and tuning to fix its newness.

In some ways it is sad vBulletin polls don't allow more than 10 options. In other ways, if it allowed almost unlimited poll options we could fill the page with just the poll, leaving no room for comments. :eek: There are lots of great knives. Having to narrow down the poll to just 10 is a great problem to have. :)

Funny, my two favorites aren't even available options.

I have a Case Tiny Trapper in raindrop damascus that will never be "released" from my collection.

The other is my Al Mar SERE 2000 that has been converted to D/A by Vallotton. Easily the smoothest, nicest "production" folder I have ever owned. I carry it regularly. Actually it's the only production folder I ever carry (unless you count Pro-Tech autos, which I don't, as they just don't seem to fit into the spirit of "production folder" for this thread).

Clydetz, king of the 110!

I come from the generation that only had the 110 as the knife of choice in folders, it was our holy grail in high school. You could wrist snap those suckers open in a heart beat. 70's, ah, those were the days........ ;)

My favorite folders is very small since I carry a fixed blade daily, but I always have an Old Timer Stockman with me. Otherwise I have a Strider SnG and AR and hope to get a couple of Sebbies in the near future.

+1 on the Buck, I've always had a soft spot in my head,....um, uh, HEART for them. Got a Buck 10pt. Omni Folding Hunter and a 119 for Christmas. But then, I also like Spyderco, Kershaw, Benchmade, Case,etc,etc,etc......

VBR,

Den

I'll have to get my butt in gear here,,i dont any of those brands. Closest thing i got to those is a orange BladeTech,,rest are Case and custom slippies.

I voted for CRK because my primary EDC is my small Sebenza Insingo, but a close second is my Strider PTCC. The fit and finish as well as blade shape is what put my Insingo on top.

Dave

I had to vote for Benchmade. A 975 (the large CQC7 before there was one from Emerson) was my first "expensive" knife, purchased just after high school or so. Sliced myself to the bone a number of times with it doing stupid things, cut pool cues, thousands of boxes, opened paint can lids (oops), and jimmied doors open and its never left me wanting or buckled under the pressure. I've got a bunch of knives at this point (many of them Benchmade), but that original 975 is still my favorite. I've bought two more as backups in case I should ever lose or break the original.

Last edited:
I have reduced my folding knife footprint (at my better half's direction, the top tray of a footlocker is all folders). To accomplish this I moved the smaller footprint to a medium plastic tool box and told her the rest were for the grandkids! Buck folders predominate. Bought my first 110 Hunter in 68. I use the 110 for EDC here on Guam. We are pretty casual about knife laws here on the island. I have a ZT350 and Al Mar mini-2000, but do not feel underarmed with a Buck 110.

Voted Kershaw overall because of the Zero Tolerance line that I am so fond of. There's a lot of BM and Spydie fanatics here too!

The best for everyday use and emergency survival, in my opinion, is the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1 (manufactured by Benchmade). The Benchmade Griptilian and Spyderco Manix 2 XL are nice too. For economy, Ganzo has some very nice ones for not much money.

My go to folders have been Southern Grind's spider monkeys. I rotate between their carbon fiber scales and copper scales, depending on what my flavor of the week is. Great knives!

Attachments

• CF Spider Monkey.jpg
    CF Spider Monkey.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Forum knife~2.jpg
    Forum knife~2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 3
Carried a Buck on my side whole time I was in service and now carry a smaller Buck knock off by Sears!!

I voted for Benchmade. My current EDC is a Benchmade Torrent. It's by far my favorite folder. Elegant and fast.

I also have several Spyderco Endura's. They were my favorites until I received my Benchmade.

I've never had the opportunity to handle or own any of Chris Reeve's folders. I'd love to have one, but they are currently out of my price range. Same with Emerson.

Back