Very long first step

heijutsu

My name is Michael Wilson and I bought a KMG grinder about 8 years ago and it has mostly set in a crappy workshop slowly oxidizing. I've done some grinding but still have yet to finish my first knife. I'm going to be taking a knife making class in August and hope to finally get this journey started.

Welcome, Michael. I really can't imagine getting a KMG and not using it like mad, but that's just me, I ruined my first knives on a 6" bench grinder. There is a lot to grasp in order to make a knife from scratch but I think you will be surprised how much you can learn right here. A class is certainly a good help in getting started too, I'm sure. Don't let that grinder go to waste!

welcome, any questions you have feel free to ask. there are a lot of very helpful people here, they have helped my through basically every step of my first knife and any questions along the way.
good luck
-Cameron

Welcome to the pack Michael. Good to hear you taking a class to gain knowledge so you can put that beast to work. Which class are you planning to take?

I'm taking the Basic Knifemaking with Travis Daniel at the Montgomery Community College in NC in August. Thanks for all of the words of encouragement.

Grab yourself some books and videos, search info on the internet, the information is out there if you want it. There are some very gifted people on this web site and many are more than happy to share their knowledge.
Send that KMG up my way and I will work the oxidization off it. -just a friendly offer. Welcome to the KD.

welcome youll get the hang of it just ask lots of questions and start grinding welcome to the pound

Back