Vanquish(Vanax35)Necker Debut @ Blade

Rick Haney Design

This is a necker design Me & Pat Nihiser are collaborating on for Blade,I just received this piece of Uddeholm Vanax35 Nitrogen Stainless steel from Chuck Bybee @ AKS.Chuck is still in the process of becoming a Bohler-Uddeholm distributor,He was hoping to have this new super steel available @ Blade.I was fortunate enough to get 1 of 3 pieces of the R&D run of this steel.Thanks Chuck!:DKershaw received a piece big enough to make one folder blade to use,It is going to debut in their Tilt folder @ Blade.This necker will be on display @ the Bohler-Uddeholm booth @ Blade.Booth 221,Come by & check it out.:D

Me & Patrick are collaborating with this special piece,My design but Patrick is making the proto next week.I assume since their is no heat treat schedule yet,This was heatreated by the factory.I'll call Chuck today to get a RC hardness scale for this strip.

According to Chuck this steel is virtually rust-proof,Edge retention is phenomenal from tests performed by Uddeholm.I'm not a metalurgist,But this steel should be the next super steel to be available to consumers soon.

The specs for the Vanquish Necker is: 5.25" length X 1.1 wide X .109 thick.
Coyote Brown G-10 scales w/ milled grip slots
Black Kydex sheath for neck carry.

I included the CAD drawing.This is the composition specs on Vanax35.

http://www.alphaknifesupply.com/zdata-bladesteelS-Vanax35.htm

Attachments

• Vanquish-Necker-Design-RHD-5-21-2010-001.jpg
    Vanquish-Necker-Design-RHD-5-21-2010-001.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Vanax35-Strip-Steel.jpg
    Vanax35-Strip-Steel.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 33
Oh yeah! Beefy little neckers...gotta love em. Love that design and them grinds are going to be something evil!2thumbs2thumbs

Looking forward to seeing this model Rick!

Chris

Chris,I designed it to utilize most of this piece of material.Less to have to grind away to profile being this is hardened already.Turned out pretty beefy.:D

Beefy blades always get my vote buddy2thumbs2thumbs Looking forward to this big time:D

Hows that Dragon coming?....LOL

Rick Haney Design...Super cool new steel...What more can ya say.
I'm pumped!!!
Thanks Rick, (I'll prolly be cussing ya later), Last minute....Already heat treated....etc...etc:eek::D

Rick Haney Design...Super cool new steel...What more can ya say.
I'm pumped!!!
Thanks Rick, (I'll prolly be cussing ya later), Last minute....Already heat treated....etc...etc:eek::D

I have faith in ya Brother!:DI'm pumped too to finally do a collaboration with You.;)We've talked about it for 2 years!

Back