Turpin Phoenix

M

mwalx30123

I think that Dustin Turpin is a brilliant new builder. His designs are clean, well thought out and executed. They flow very well and fit great in hand. His new model, the Phoenix, caught my eye and I discussed one with Dustin. This is what came from the discussion:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

When someone builds a knife for me they have full reign as to what the finished product looks like. Dustin had mentioned in the past that he would like to build some fancier knives so I said have at it.

The damascus is from a billet forged by Albert May and it is beautiful. The scales are ironwood and compliment the damascus very well. The bolsters are bronzed and the liners transition from bronze to a purple. The color transition ties the knife together. The SS stand offs were treated with ferric chloride to give them an aged look. After the build Dustin said he was going for a rustic look, well, I think he nailed it!!

On top of being a great builder Dustin is great to work with. For the collectors that haven't seen his work better check it out while you can.

Looks like a job well done, fit and finnish look good. It's nice to see bolster and handle scales on both sides of the knife. Could you furnish us with sizes? Thanks, Dan

Can someone explain what happened to my pictures? All I'm seeing are Red X's but if you click on the pic it comes up.

I will post some specs very soon.

Nice looking unit. Real nice. Mr. May does make some nice damascus too.
Really well done. Dozier

Thanks again Mark :D

Yeah I have to say I was very happy with how Albert's damascus came out. The billet was VERY well made and great to work with. I always jump to the chance to make a damascus knife and would like to make more of them, but my material budget isn't the best just yet hehe.

Glad you like the knife.

Back