Tip "O" the hat from Detroit, Mi.

N.D.

2thumbs

Hi folks I'm glad to be here, been lurking for a while and this seems to be the nicest Cutlery site I've come across.

I have liked sharp stuff since I was a kid . . ("I'm 42 now")
. . Well just after I decided as a kid I wanted to make knives; I found out that my Late Great Grandfather had made knives, I still have 1 of his knives as a keep sake it must be around 100 yrs old or more by now, it's a large Hog knife. . . *sorry no pics/no camera*

Any who . .

When I was just a kid I also started various types of martial arts training, and though I didn't know it at the time I was an early day MMA practitioner, thus my cutlery tastes/interests have been heavily influenced by this.

I also as a teen studied W the Late Andrew Blackton one of the founders of 1 of the knife groups here in Mich. *bad memory* I went W him to assist him at 1 of their events.
Now I'm looking to find my way back to making knives, and in this light I'll be reading all of your related posts W avid interest!

Thanks for reading this long winded ramble, and I'm looking forward to making friends W some like minded folks! ;):eek:

Hello and welcome from another Michigander who has a similar passion for sharp stuff!
This is a cool site!

Hope to see ya around the site!

Welcome to KnifeDogs!!

I live in Iowa now but I grew up not too far you in Milford. I was back in Novi in February for the Wolverine Knife Collectors Club show. Did you make it?

Nice introduction, by the way. Have fun!

I was born in Detroit. Haven't been back since 1992. Planning a trip there this summer. My dad is a knifemaker (Don Cowles) right outside of Detroit in Royal Oak.

Hope to see you around!

KnifeDogsWelcome1.gif

Hello and welcome from another Michigander who has a similar passion for sharp stuff!
Thank you!
This is a cool site!
I really like it here! *so far so good*

Hope to see ya around the site!
I'm lookin forward to it foh sho buddy! 2thumbs

Welcome to KnifeDogs!!

WOW! "The owner" Thanks!

I live in Iowa now but I grew up not too far you in Milford.
Been there nice place.
I was back in Novi in February for the Wolverine Knife Collectors Club show. Did you make it?
Unfortunately I havent been to 1 since I went as a teen W the Late A.B. :(cry me a river 1

Nice introduction, by the way. Have fun!

Thanks I appreciate the warm welcome!

I was born in Detroit. Haven't been back since 1992. Planning a trip there this summer. My dad is a knifemaker (Don Cowles) right outside of Detroit in Royal Oak.

Hope to see you around!

KnifeDogsWelcome1.gif

Thanks, an glad to be here from the big "D", I'm only About a 1/2 hr or so from your dad, I'm looking forward to seing you around the dog yard!lol
Enjoy your return visit to the "D"! 2thumbs

Hope to see you around!

KnifeDogsWelcome1.gif

Thanks, an glad to be here from the big "D", I'm only About a 1/2 hr or so from your dad, I'm looking forward to seing you around the dog yard!lol
Enjoy your return visit to the "D"! 2thumbs

Back