Thin stainless for the kitchen

Todd Robbins

Does anybody know where I can get some good stainless (ATS-34, 154CM, 440C or similar) in 1/16" thick X 1" or even 3/4" width? I can get it from Admiral, but their shipping is ridiculous for a 6' bar, and I've had trouble getting them to cut it shorter to save on the shipping.

Thanks,
Todd

Todd,

If you want it for one knife I've got a stick of ATS-34. Loppin off a knife sized piece wouldn't be a prob at all.

-Josh

You may try, Jantz Supply at, knifemaking.com they have 440C in 1/16 x1-1/2 x 18 inch long. There prices may be a little higher than some other suppliers, but if you only need a short piece it's not to bad. if you go for the 36 inch length be sure to check the shipping cost, I think they add a handling charge for that length.
Hope this helps. Dale

You may try, Jantz Supply at, knifemaking.com they have 440C in 1/16 x1-1/2 x 18 inch long. There prices may be a little higher than some other suppliers, but if you only need a short piece it's not to bad. if you go for the 36 inch length be sure to check the shipping cost, I think they add a handling charge for that length.
Hope this helps. Dale

Yes they add 10.00 extra shipping for 36" pieces. I just bought a piece a 1/8 plus from CPM 154 from Jantz. I took it local machine shop and had it surface ground to .100''. 440C makes a fine knife. I use it on my Integrals.

Last edited:
Back