They're Here! Chuck Stapel's Knives

knifecarver

Almost a year ago, I sent Legendary knifemaker, Chuck Stapel an e-mail asking if he'd be interested in having me do work on one of his knives. 7 months later, he got hold of me saying that he had just got my e-mail. He wanted to see my "Nautical Knife" up close and personal, so I sent it to him. He liked my work so much, that he sent me these two knives to work on.

These are custom made Ferrier File Survival Knives. Originally, these knives were hand crafted or "camp made" by mountain men from the thick files used by farriers. They could be used for hundreds of tasks and the exposed file was actually a godsend in countless emergencies.

Now they're in my hands & I'll be carving them, as soon as I know what I want to do on them. I'll post pictures when they're done, unless you'd like to see a WIP.

Chuck Stapel's Knives.jpg004.jpg

First off,congrats on the work!...I am sure I speak for more than just myself,but yes,I would like to see a WIP.
Thanks,

God bless,

I'll be watching for your craftsmanship on these two, Cathy. :1:

Thank you Scott, Gary and Laurence. Chuck is a really nice Guy, like all the other knife people I've had the pleasure of meeting & talking to.

Back