The Newell .45 cal front loader

Bruce you might pay a visit to your lacal John Deer dealer, or such shop. I worked as a tractor mechanic for a couple of years after retiring from the Air force and we used a spring compresion tester that had an analog guage to test the valve springs as part of a engin or head overhall, it just might work to test your hammer spring. Hope this helps.

Jim

Last edited:
The only pic I need to see is you putting the bar in the box to send to me!:rolleyes: HaHa. I wish. Please post pics. 2thumbs

The hammer spring is too light and it shoots 4" high at 10 yards. Perfect for ... There must be a gauge that will allow me to test the compression rate of coil springs. I may have to rig up my own with a scale of some kind. Any ideas?

I have a little booklet that may interest you

Can you accept a 4.2 Mb PDF in your email ?

Send me an email or PM as a reminder

I recieved the bowie back from Ken Hurst today. I'm loving the engraving job he did on it. These pictures are just a teaser because theres no way I can photo the fine details in his work.

Also the stag came back from Culpeppers. Its exactly how I expected. Now the scarey part, grinding out a set of grips for the bowie from them and not touching the engraving with the the grinder or sand paper. Please pray now.

101_5914_edited.jpg

101_5912_edited.jpg

101_5922_edited.jpg

Bruce and Mr Hurst, that is absolutely breath taking! I'm shocked and in total awe. Bruce, I'll be doing the appropriate praying while you're putting sandpaper next to that incredible work!

Looking really good Bruce, and I pray you don't mess up? :eek::rolleyes::D

Look forward to seeing them done, thanks for showing.

Todd

Holy Smokes!! WOw!! That is crazy insane to say the least! You two make an incredible team! That is some of the sweetest looking work I have seen! I can't wait to see the gun.

Back