The Business of Knife Shows

All I did was leave the table cover and a couple knives at home.... So I covered my table with logo T shirts.... :)

All your observations seemed pretty spot on, even the ones about my wife. She is way nicer than I am! :)

I think that there where more people in the room before the show opened on Friday than there where Saturday at 2pm...

I dont think that the "next big thing" will be a departure from the tactical stuff, just a move into a sub catagory. Whatever that will be.

I agree we should start seeing some definite categories in tactical folders.
And I think Bianca does sell more of your knives than you...

was unable to go due to work load at the office(LOL). How did kitchen/general purpose knives sell?

I didn't see many kitchen knives at all which I think is a huge miss....
There are plenty women walking through that show that could easily talk their husband or boyfriend into buying them a new kitchen knife...
Every maker should have one or two kitchen knives on a table.

I didn't see many kitchen knives at all which I think is a huge miss....
There are plenty women walking through that show that could easily talk their husband or boyfriend into buying them a new kitchen knife...
Every maker should have one or two kitchen knives on a table.

that's my opinion...feel free to ignore it. :biggrin:

Interesting so if I can figure out how to make a tactical folding kitchen knife I will have it made. (my bad humor is free)

Good information guys, a lot of points to consider. Out of curiosity how many knives do you guys take to a show like Blade?

Interesting so if I can figure out how to make a tactical folding kitchen knife I will have it made. (my bad humor is free)

Good information guys, a lot of points to consider. Out of curiosity how many knives do you guys take to a show like Blade?

Brad,
How did you know?
That is my next project, To make a tactical folding version of one of my culinary knives. I will add a skull crusher, glass breaker and a flashlight for cooking after the zombie apocalypse! :3:

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

The bottom line is some people are made to sell and some are not.Some people just have the gift of gab and they put people at ease.I dont care want you got if you are not a people person in the long run you will lose out.I myself couldnt sell a burger to a starving man.While my wife could talk the shoes off a dead man.So wat I am saying is if you are not a good talker a real people person.Then find someone who is and bring them with you.You will be surprised at how many hang around your table to talk and buy your ware.I hope this helps good luck!

Back