Storms Suck!!!

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
We've had severe thunderstorms and tornadoes all over Central Arkansas this afternoon and evening. Luckily, I've touched base with most of my friends in the area and they seems well. Still waiting to hear from two of the families in Vilonia (where my shop is). Aparently a tornado cut a half mile wide path through town.

This appears as though it is going to be an all night ordeal.

Wow, That sucks.
I hope all is well with the families, your shop and everyone else in the area.

We have been having more tornadoes up around here the last few years, It sucks. I am a little freaked out by them as we live in a trailer house surrounded by huge oak trees.

Hope the night goes better for you!

Finally made contact with all of my buddies. Everyone is well. From what I understand, the majority of the town is really screwed up. The Valero gas station a few blocks from my shop no longer exists. I want to go check on things, but they have announced that all roads into town have been closed. Hopefully I can get in to town and check on my shop in the morning. I just hope it wasn't blown away. I can repair water damage.

If not, Thank God for USAA! I upped my coverage when I invested my re-enlistment bonus on tools.

Murph glad to see that you're OK. Was going to call you but thought you would have enough on you hands trying to keep Nadine and yourself safe.
You may have to put on your SARG Suit to even get close to your shop :2:
Call me when you get a chance.

Todd

Last edited:
Murph, SO glad to hear you are ok and I heard this morning about the tornado in Vilonia... Sad Sad news for sure...

Just made it back from the shop and helping a buddy cover his roof. Looks like I'll be without electricity at the shop for a while, but there's no damage. A tree was uprooted and blown towards it, but it landed a foot or so from the fence about 30 ft or so from my door.

There has been quite a bit of damage to the area and crews are working to help clear things now. I just pray that the storm coming thru tonight isn't as bad as they are predicting it to be. I've been told by some that they are predicting it to be much worse than last night's storm (I haven't seen the forecast yet). I'm sure the resident of Vilonia would appreciate any prayers we could offer for protection and speedy recovery from the damage.

Murph, mighty sorry to hear about the damage in your area. Glad to hear your shop survived it. We have had Tornado Warnings just about every day but have been fortunate so far.

Murph, I keep seeing pictures and reports on the news and keep watching for a stray anvil, or grinder, or...
I hope that you keep having good luck.

I hope Everyone is ok!!

Some Evil Storms Hitting around the World. I think "someone" is very upset

Murph, I keep seeing pictures and reports on the news and keep watching for a stray anvil, or grinder, or...
I hope that you keep having good luck.

We've been very blessed Wayne. I was really worried about the shop, but knew that I have adequate insurance coverage for any damage that may have happened. When I made it into town to check on things yesterday morning, my heart sank when I seen the homes whih had been damaged and destroyed. It was at that point that I really felt ashamed of myelf for worrying about my shop when others had lost everything. I felt even worse when I found that four people had lost thier lives in Vilonia and seven more were killed in weather related incident throughout the state.

I hope Everyone is ok!!

Some Evil Storms Hitting around the World. I think "someone" is very upset

It deffinately seems that way. I hope things settle down and stay calm when I leave town next week.

We had tornado warnings again this morning. Once again they went to the North and South of us and left us pretty much untouched. Lake Cumberland splits these storms and has saved our bacon - so far.

I live near St Louis and it has been relentless storms , rain ,tornados for a month !! only a few sunny days here and there . I hope this stuff lets up soon ? I have to keep a couple fans on in my shop to keep everything from rusting.

I'm just a little south of Denny so we have been sharing these weather systems. I had to go out and cut up a tree between storms this morning. I usually don't start putting in wood for next winter this early. I've got a very large poplar out in the pasture to cut up. I guess the good part of that is that the horses love to eat the bark off of poplars and they had already eaten all of this one that they could reach. Ours were just heavy rain and about 10 mph winds. Yeah I know, 10 mph ain't much wind where I grew up in SE New Mexico but here these trees just arn't up to it and the ground is wet.

I'm not sure what is going to evolve here today. I woke up to cloudy skies which disapated to beautifully clear and blue skies by lunch. Nadine and I went out for lunch and thrity minutes later it appeared to be mid-evening as the skies grew grey and black and winds whipped through the trees. I had planned to stop off at the PO Box on my way home from lunch, but by the time we drove the six blocks from the restaurant to the PO the road was berely visible thru the rain. Now 30 minutes later the skies have cleared once again and everything is bright and sunny but the winds are still whipping the trees around something fiere.

radar.jpg

Current local radar for Memphis (and for Murph also)...

Hmmm... That's not nearly as big as i expected...

Hope everyone made it safely through the storms Wednesday. What a day! I had just brought my mom home from the hospital and was watching the radar and decided to move to a safer location. All our cars were hammered with hail, mom's house has 500-600 holes in the siding on one side of the house with broken windows too. We are all safe which is the important thing. I feel for all the folks who lost their homes and loved ones.
Stay safe, May is usually the month with the highest severe weather activity.

Back