Step By Step Handle Tutorial

What would you sell a set like that for? Sorry if it sounds crass, but I can do that and would like to, shall we say, expand my market share. Tell me in private if you want.

James,
I sent you a PM, but I basically add up the materials and come up with a price. These are blanks from Jantz, not blades I ground, so those are included in the materials column. Hope that helps....

Larry

Awesome. Been looking for something like this, thanks. I have a hunting knife that was my grandfathers. It had a stacked leather handle that was destroyed. I have been wanting to re-handle it for, oh I don't know, about 25 years now :eek:

I may have to try it soon, maybe :unsure:

Thanks for the tutorial!

Im glad you guys liked it, good luck on your projects. I appreciate you following along and reading thru everything. Larry

Larry this is great thank you very much, but it seems like some of the pictures are missing now. Any change of replacing them.

Excellent tutorial! :35:
Hope I can make something that looks that nice one of these days.:)

Great tutorial! Unlike some, you went from step to step without making any assumptions regarding the knowledge of the reader, even explaining why you did certain things. That type of detail is invaluable for novices such as myself. Thank you, it could not have been better.

Hey thanks for the great tutorial! Nice and indepth and VERY heplful. I have a couple of questions for you. 1: Are the mosaic pins held in only with the epoxy or do you gently peen them? 2: I have seen a lot of guys using the liner material but have never tried it myself... is it for decorative purposes only or does it make attaching the scales to the blade with epoxy a stronger bond?
thanks again!
Jerry

Bruce I appreciate the kind words. Jerry the liners are decorative, and actually I would recommend G-10 liners versus the fiber (some makers say the fiber swells or shrinks). The pins are epoxied in (no peen), but the pins holes are drilled so the fit is a little snug to begin with. Thanks Larry

Back