Some of my latest

Robert Gardner

1st: coffin handled bowie: 10 7/8" W2 clay hardened blade, 17" overall, steel frame handle and steel fittings, desert ironwood handle scales.

2nd: single edged dagger: 8 5/8" W2 clay hardened blade, 13 3/4" overall, nickle silver guard, ebony handle

3rd: fighter: 6 1/2" W2 clay hardened blade, 12" overall, steel fittings, stabilized Amboyna burl handle

4th: hunter: 5 3/8" W2 clay hardened blade, 10 1/8" overall, brass guard, stabilized burl maple handle

Hope you enjoy seeing these!

Attachments

• P1050539.jpg
    P1050539.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 66
  • P1050543.jpg
    P1050543.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 58
  • P1050546.jpg
    P1050546.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 65
  • P1050547.jpg
    P1050547.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 62
Rob,

Your knives are nice. I particularly like the long slim bowie. I've been very interested in hamons of late and will be giving it a try shortly. Your hamons are great, especially on the bowie.

I went to your photo album. Again, good working knives, but when I get to what I refer to as "higher end" knives there is a major shift in your work. The bowie for one, and that dagger in damascus with copper and blackwood is way above the others. It shows your artistic side.

David

Rob.

Glad you got some pics up Buddy ! I'm still LOVING the coffin handled bowie. Can't wait to see what you come up with next !

-Josh

Rob, those are very nice indeed! I do like your style!

The Bowie and Dagger are sweet!

Steve
--------
Potomac Forge
--------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Thanks everyone!

I appreciate your nice comments. I'll try to post more pics in the future since I am getting better at it.

Mr. Broadwell, I checked out your website and found some really inspirational work there. Thank you for your remarks.

The dagger in my photo album is actually quite old (circa 1993). If I only had the kind of time to dedicate to knifemaking that I did back then...
I would like to get back into that higher end style a bit more. It is difficult when my time is broken up with a full time job. I sure many others here can relate.

Hey Rob, Glade you made here to KnifeDogs, Welcome2thumbs

Those knives look great! The Hamon's are among the best I have ever seen. Great job!!

Did you post a pic of your Anvil knife here yet?huh1

Great looking knives, Rob. Looks like you have the hamon down pat. The bowie and the dagger are my favorite.

Larry

Thanks for the kind words.

Hey Stabber. I've been here right from the start, just haven't done a whole lot of posting. But thanks for the welcome anyway. What's this Anvil knife you are talking about?

-Rob

Back