Shop Tour

cutting lubricant is called Boelube
I haven't tried that version of the Boeing products, need to get some and try it.

(Caution: Unpaid advertising)
I have used both of these and love them. There are a number of corrosion protection products on the market, but I've become brand loyal to T-9. If I'm not using a piece of equipment very often it gets a good dose of T-9. And the Stain & Rust remover also does a great job of removing rust. It has a lot of Phosphoric Acid in it, so use it with gloves.
1616785569049.png

I haven't tried that version of the Boeing products, need to get some and try it.

(Caution: Unpaid advertising)
I have used both of these and love them. There are a number of corrosion protection products on the market, but I've become brand loyal to T-9. If I'm not using a piece of equipment very often it gets a good dose of T-9. And the Stain & Rust remover also does a great job of removing rust. It has a lot of Phosphoric Acid in it, so use it with gloves.
View attachment 77641
thank you for the tip! have you tried either on guns?

Boelube is a great product. The Yard Store is another source for all their products.

+1 on T-9 Boeshield! Used to spray the anvil down for the winter because my forge was under a carport, exposed. Never any rust. Stuff is great.

Thanks for sharing John. It was also very fortunate tbat I've discovered your YouTube videos as there's a lot of great information in them, especially on the folders.

Here's a very low quality, zero production value video for anyone who has nothing to do and needs to waste a few minutes of their life. We always talk about shop layouts and how we set up our shop based on our individual processes. For those of us with very small shops ( (TM) Ted Hauser) it becomes a bit of a Tetris game to fit in everything we need without having to climb over and around gear to work. I'm very happy with my layout. It's one half of a two car garage, and has to serve all of my projects outside of knifemaking as well.

I apologize for the poor sound and shaky video. It's just a quick cell phone video.

Soo clean! & Tidy ,but hay am on 64ac it n things get dumped here n there..my work shop had a horrible small door with a big drop down to the floor,solution was to take out a part of a wall, use the tin & wood beams to make a carport type awning & got a big ass door too boot! Still meaning to take the spare expresso coffee machine down there,but then it'll be add a fridge (as u have) but I do have 2 sinks (1's a old concrete wash house sink ,for that ugly 1st big step on the little door = now snik 2nd is set up ext to the forge..steam train drivers might of cooked dinner on a shovel..bit primitive 4 me..

Back