Shop humor

I once took a big ole drink of rubbing alcohol because it was sitting next to my water bottle while I was sanding. If there had been an open flame I would have burned my shop down for sure.

Last edited:
Not that a lot of pencils are used in knife making, but I always lose them when I'm doing a project. Especially outside. Now I'll grab a dozen of them and just throw them all around the room or grass.

Its those leprechauns that live in your shop.
A leprechaun is a type of fairy of the Aos Sí in Irish folklore. They are usually depicted as little bearded men, wearing a coat and hat, who partake in mischief.

I want to know where the Scratch Fairies hide. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find them, but each night that a finished knife stays in the shop they will find it and put scratches on it. Scratches I know I’d have seen if they were there before.

Had one of those what the heck was I thinking moments the other day,I've got about 8 knives on the bench that I'm working on for my table at our local High School gun show in January. I was getting ready to add a set of scales to one with corby bolts and epoxy. Mixed my epoxy put it on the scales added the corbys and put them on the knife,as I'm tightening down the corbys I realize I havnt finished out the front of the scales.Oh crap ! Undo the corbys and start slathering off the epoxy with a soaked acetone rag ! Got everything cleaned up threw 3 corbys in the trash ouch regrouped finished out the ends and got it assembled. Shut the lights off and went and took a nap !Naps are good !!!

Shop Humor you say?

I think I found the perfect Christmas gift for that fledgling little tyke who may have 'Forged in Fire' in his future !

uiqtDFK.jpg

Bladegrinder, that looks like a law suit just waiting to happen. Like when he gets burned or drinks the cherry scented accelerant.
I wonder if this is on the not recommended toy list.

Last edited:
Well my TW90 finally came! As I was unpacking it, I cut the cardboard sides off and tossed them outside the shop door (grassy area). My existing bench was too high so I constructed a temporary bench top out of saw horses. I decided to toss the slurry bucket contents before placing it under the new grinder. Grabbed the five gallon bucket and headed out the shop door, stepped on the cardboard which flew out from under my feet! I ended up with five gallons of slurry water and contents all over me. Wet, cold and nasty!

Back