Recruit New KnifeDogs Damasteel Damascus Giveaway!

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
This Damasteel Damascus giveaway thread will be open to anyone that recruits new KnifeDog members.

There has to be some RULES on this one that CAN NOT be violated.

Read the rules on this one....

1. Do NOT post public messages on any other forum recruiting anyone to KnifeDogs. That really hacks everyone off and creates bad feelings.
2. Your KD recruit has to give you "credit" during the sign-on registration process or via a PM to CustomerserviceBeth (not me - she handles this stuff)
3. Every new member you recruit earns you an entry into the pool. The more entries you "earn" by being recruiting, the more chances you earn to win.
4. We kick this off today and you have until the end of the month.
5. Faking it in anyway gets you bounced forever from here. IP addresses are logged and will be checked.
6. It starts today and the recruiting drive ends last day of October.
7. This is not retroactive. It starts now, ends last day of October. If you have brought us members in the past, thank you.
8. If you are new here and recruit yourself, welcome to KD and you can enter the other give away. You don't get to recruit yourself for this part of the giveaway.

Recruits so far: (this is a manual process and prone to mistakes, if we overlooked someone, let me know)
  • HHH Knives = PeterB, Gerst Hardwoods, Joey Cordova, risam, capt_haddock, Damir Matanic, Jayson Bartley,
  • racjarrett88= starla, Kylecolvin8686, kaipo
  • Lorsbach= Jason Vice
  • Cubane= kevsforge, karim
  • Trenton Entwhistle=Peterd123, boomer99
  • Llamaherder= Jeepnjim
  • Mr.Svinarich= Isaac Phipps
  • Paps= DeMo
  • Brad Lilly = Icho
  • David Roeder = Own Vernon

Once we have all the entries in place, we will figure out how to draw 8 winners.
Winners will get choice in order of the drawing.

We (by we I mean CustomerServiceBeth) will post the running totals here by recruiter...

There will probably a few edits to this as questions come up or we need to firm it up some how.

Why do this?

We want to get the word out on Damasteel.
We want more members.
It's good for business and it's good for KnifeDogs.
I guess I can't be more honest than that.

The prizes are:
4 bars of Damasteel Damascus 8" long x 1.25" wide x .10" thick
4 bars of Damasteel Damascus 5" long x 1.25" x .10" thick

recruiting-give-away...jpg

Last edited:
You would win all of the Damasteel in the Recruit New Dogs Damasteel giveaway since no one has qualified with even one recruit yet if we called it today. That would be about a thousand bucks worth of Damasteel....

if only 2 guys qualify in recruiting new dogs, they will split the 8 pieces.

Hey Boss,
I can see not posting on other forums but how about something in the "signature" line. I usually have a link to my WIP's in my sig line. Is that fair to do?

Hey Boss,
I can see not posting on other forums but how about something in the "signature" line. I usually have a link to my WIP's in my sig line. Is that fair to do?

Thanks for asking..
I don't have a problem with anyone posting a link to another forum here. Never have. I can't say all of the other forums look at it that way. Some are more tolerant than others about that. I would say it depends on the forum and you have the experience on the forums to know which ones will be OK with it and which ones wouldn't.

We have added those referred to date we are aware of.

Makers that are using their own email lists are getting new recruits. Thanks for supporting KnifeDogs..
t

my cousin is one of my recruits so you should remove him kylecolvin8686

I could have phrased that better. If you have a relative that is interested in knife making and will become a member and at least occasionally participate, it counts.
If your get your mom to sign up, chances are she won't be an active member and that would not count.
In any case, we aren't checking if it's a relative or not.

oh yes he helps me sell my knives and is interested but I cant guarantee he will post much but he will probably lurk

I've had a couple people try to join and were unable due to free email account or something

They can still join. We manually add them to keep the spam down. Tell them to reference you in their registration request email.

I have been gone all week on a trip with no Internet access. I will update this thread this weekend.

Awesome. I recruited Boomer99. He's been involved in other knife forums for almost as long as I have, and contributes pretty much weekly, if not daily. Lets get this place growing! I'm working on a co-worker right now....

Trenton

Back