Rasp and Ironwood..

Kentucky

Heres a beefy one made from a good farriers rasp with Ironwood grips. This ironwood has some real nice dpth to it that dosnt really show in the pics.. Stainless pins and lanyard hole..6" blade 1 3/4" wide..
Picture229.jpg

Picture228.jpg

Love the look of the pins against the ironwood and the look of the blade.

The finish , and leaving the marks of the rasp in there compliments the look of the wood.

Very nicely done , I know something like that would bring a smile to my face each time I used it.

I've always liked file and rasp knives and that's a great example! That's a sweet piece of ironwood too, very bold 2thumbs

love it. it all works. a lot of makers seem to put real plain handles on rasp and file knives for that down home look which is great , but every once in a while you need to knock one out of the park. very well played .

Kentucky, that is a very nice knife. Not only does it look awesome it looks to be a very useful design.

Did you anneal it or just work it in its original state? The reason I'm asking is my sister in law is a farrier and gives me those old rasp and old horseshoes and I'd like to make her a knife out of one of her rasp.

Thanks for the kind compliments guys, much apprciated :D
Cliff, We annealed this one and re-heat treated it. My grinder motor is getting weak and needs replaced. It bogs down to easy. You can grind them as is, I know people who do. Then they often temper them from the original hardness.

Back