Radio Reception In The Shop

Radio reception!?!? What about TV reception? :)

I usually listen to Klove when in the shop, but due to the LED lighting I installed last year, getting it via radio is impossible....the light interfere. So I installed the "Tune In" app on my shop computer....and have it running through the speaker scattered around the shop.

I bootlegged my Dish Network from the house to the shop..... only issue is that IF a TV is on inside the house, the TV in the shop is locked to whatever is on the inside TV. Thankfully Cindy works all day. But I generally only watch the morning news.....
IMG-3803.jpg

Most of the time the TV is a monitor for the cameras around the place......

IMG-3804.jpg

It's kinda nice to actually see who's coming, before they knock on the shop door.... or worse, just POP in, and scare the puddin outta ya. :)

I'm pretty much limited to FM radio out here. Very little in the way of internet, I have to get on line from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. to download something of any size.
The good news is I picked up a cheap MP3 player for dirt cheap at WW ($9.), found a free music site and downloaded about 3 dozen songs early this a.m. . Was pleasantly surprised how well this thing does and sounds.
Just need a few hundred more tunes over the next few weeks. I should be able to plug into a bluetooth speaker with this and get the earbuds off, can't stand not being able to hear what's going on around me with the buds in place.

I like the security cameras idea, 24 hr recording with at least 30 day storage would be great!
I have two game cameras out in the trees pointed at the shop.

Back