Prayer request

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Tomorrow I'm going to head east of Eugene, Oregon to visit my best friend and fellow knife maker Eric. I've know Eric around 10 years now and met him while doing the OKCA Show. The thing that attracted us is we are both Nam Vets. Through that a great friendship has developed. He just had hernia surgery recently and is recovering from that. The thing that concerns me the most besides him not being a believer is he has lots of demons inside his head due to his experiences in Nam. He's been suffering from PTSD and something just triggered his anger again. I've been trying to tell him about my faith for sometime now and he's just shut me off. My goal for this trip is to witness to him. Please pray that he is more receptive to what I am wanting to tell him. I also am bringing with me the book "Prodigal God" which I plan to give him. I know he likes reading. Pray that he accepts this book and takes the time to read it.

Also for myself. I'd just got home from having my back worked on. Its something that has been controlling my life. Please pray for healing for that.

Thanks!

Will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers. PTSD can be an extremely tough obstacle.

Ray, Brenda and I are sending our prayers for you and Eric. Brenda can tell you all about living with someone with PTSD. Thank God the VA shrinks finally found something that works (sort of). It's hard to be a believer when you've witnessed man's inhumanity to fellow men as you well know. I hope you can at least bring some peace to your friend - we aren't on the Wall for a reason greater than just luck.

Ray, you have my prayers for sure. I dont have the words, but I have the heart, and it is all yours. Step aside while you are there and let God take control. He will lead you.

Thanks for the prayers! Things didn't go as planed but I had a good talk with Eric. He asked lots of questions and I did my best to explain. I felt I did what I could do and will let God to the rest.

Thanks again!

Ray, I just noticed this post but it never too late too pray and I will say a prayer for your friend! You never know you may have triggered the one thing in him that will make him turn too God and Ray that is all you can do! You know as well as all that believe the rest is up to him!

Back