One of My Latest Sheaths

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1010165.jpg
    P1010165.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 192
Man...that sheath is awesome!!! Great work, just curious what knife you have there?
Thanks for sharing,
Abboe:eek:

I like that basket weave, I have a crappy punch for that. What punch is it your using , if you dont mind letting us know. Thanks Kellyw

That is superb leather work. I'd rather have the knife and sheath than the Morgans lying underneath.

The knife is one I make, it's my take on a wilderness except made from 1/4" thick material (D2 on this one) which gives the taper tang a dramatic look. The basketweave stamp is just the standard mini basketweave, it's all in the dampness of the leather and how hard you strike the stamp. I have found that small stamps don't require the leather to be as damp and also the small stamps don't require as much force in striking.

Very nice Jerry, very clean basketweave as well.Dave2thumbs

Great looking sheath.Very nice detail. I like the way you brought the leather up high to protect the knife handle.

Larry

Hey Russell, I am in the process now of moving into a larger shop. I offered a class this spring which came with a week of instruction, a full set of tools, hotel accomodations, and free lunches. All slots are full now. But I probably will offer it again in the fall.

Back