One for Momma

Montucky

My mom has been hinting for a kitchen knife for awhile. This is my first attempt at kitchen cutlery.

All comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions Squawsach.

11c2d91d-84f4-48a2-aca3-55c62b08c783_zps61303c87.jpgPICT0005_zps4d6ca353.jpgPICT0001_zpsa5485a38.jpgPICT0002_zpsed2c38e5.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm just a "hobby" knife maker so I've never been to a show. We have a little show twice a year in Billings and I've always wanted to get at least a dozen or so knives made and pay for a table...but every time I get a couple knives ahead I end up selling them. I would just like to do it one time to get folks reaction to my efforts and maybe get to meet and know some other local knife guys. Right now I'm about a half dozen knives behind on current orders so it's not looking good for the spring show. I'll keep trying though.

Thanks, Rick

That does look very classy and Momma will be pleased!
On the next one, I do suggest that you don't make the rear of the handle so low. If you are in the middle of the board with a knife like that you may hit your kunckles. Customers don't like that and it may hurt future sales.

keep them coming!

Thanks for the heads-up rhino. That's a great tip. It's amazing how much I have learned from the helpful comments from all the veteran knife makers. Thanks to all of you who help us less experienced guys.

Rick

Back