On the bench / WIP pics...

M.Olexey

A few pics of some stuff I have on the bench right now....

This batch is on its way to Peter's Heat Treat (10 of my FOS model in sandvik 19C27, a couple of Pig Stickers in D2, and a modified Pig sticker in 5160....the 5160 one will get HT'd in my shop)

otb_6.jpg

Back from heat treat and getting cleaned up - some FOS's in A2 and D2, a 5" Super FOS one off, 6" Field Knife in A2, Machete in A2, a couple of Persian style FOS Pikals, and a one off that has been up there for months...

otb_8.jpg

The back burner pile....

otb_7.jpg

Thanks for looking. All comments welcome.

mo

dam that is one nice batch of knives.my bench has never look that good .ever
that looks like way to much work for one man. i would be just sitting there looking and not working saying dane i'm good "LOL"2thumbs

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the nice comments.

Clint, I checked out your website and gotta disagree. Great looking knives. Love the bowies and the SF2 most. Slick stuff.

mo

Last edited:
Very nice work mo. I still want to get on your list some day...i hope to win the one your giving away.....LOL...

Awesome stuff goin' on there sir.

I really like the pig stickers!

Those photos represent some serious shop time amigo.

Thank you for posting those pics, Martin.

BC

you bro

how do you like the performance of that 19C27??

I have been looking really hard at the 12c27 for a stainless blade with some good tuffness

what say you?
D

you bro

how do you like the performance of that 19C27??

I have been looking really hard at the 12c27 for a stainless blade with some good tuffness

what say you?
D

This will actually be my first batch of this steel so I don't know yet. It's nice to work is all I can say so far. I've heard a lot of good about both (19C27 and 12C27). I'll definitely post whatever I learn when I get some finished.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

mo

Man that's some nice grinding! You must be awful brave to undertake so many knives at once. I can sure see the value of production in batches but never - not ever! - have considered taking it to that extreme. :D Your grinding is just fantastic and I really dig those designs. All of em.

I'm curious where you guys are getting the sandvik steel? I've been wanting to try that stuff for a long time but haven't found a source.

Thanks Dave, I'll give them a shot. The last steel I bought from Admiral was pretty bent but who knows - maybe they've changed their shipping methods. :) That does look like a good price.

Thanks guys!

Whenever I take a vacation from the day job I try to prep/profile as much stuff as I can. I do that about three times a year and then spend the time in between slowly finishing it all out....well maybe not all but I try.

I've done a couple orders from Admiral here lately and they did ok (steel arrived in good time and in good condition). I know there have been some bad experiences in the past but so far it looks like they are the only place to get the Sandvik stuff. I'm thinking that may change soon.

I'm anxious to finish up one of the Sandvik blades to see how it does.

I appreciate all the nice comments.

mo

I'm going to give Admiral a shot on the Sandvik steel. I'm itching to try stainless and this stuff sounds pretty good everywhere I've read about it. And Admiral has the dimensions I'm looking for. Anyone know whether it's precision or blanchard ground? Not a deal killer but would be nice for us lazy folks. ;)

Back