on a roll

franklin

well guys im on a roll getting a few done this year hope ya like it its a d-2 blade 3 1/2 cutting edge with blue liner/ maroon paper micarta scales

Attachments

• 100_1815.jpg
    100_1815.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
thanks Steven not to bad for only having a 1 by 30 sander and some files gets frustrating but you couldn't get me to stop for anything !!

Shear determination can make up for lack of tools when you really want to get a knife done.

I remember Ernie Swanson started out hand filing a piece of steel that was clamped to the railing of his porch to get his first knife done.

regards,
Steve

yep i remember the good old days when my wife thought i was outta my mind wait! she still does

Hey Franklin,
"Where there is a will there is a way." I remember using my hand held sander to grind blades but they didn't turn out looking anywhere near this good. Keep 'em coming. Wade

thanks wade got the money now for a sander or oven for me its a toss up had bad luck sending out have not tried peters yet i should get sander 1st but thinking the oven what do you guys think i only make maybe 10 per year could do more with good sander i suppose

Looks good franklin.
If I had the choice of a HT oven or a grinder,
I would definitely go with the grinder.
You'll be glad you did.

God bless,Keith

Lookin good Franklin! Go for the grinder and give Peters' a try for your HT. I'm super happy with their service.

you now what the more i think aboute it im leaning tawords the grinder thanks for all the comments/advise guys

thanks art with a lot of help from you thanks for taking the time to call me and try to teach the unteachable i got a thick head but a little got through lol thanks for the kind words carey

Hi Franklin

Very nice looking knife. I like it.
I am a newbie, and have only completed one so far, which I did with files and sandpaper.
I have spent the past three months building a KMG grinder, so that I can grind!!

rick stay with it i use a 1by 30 grinder and files for 5 years call me slow but ill get a bigger grinder 1 day

Back