Olde English style

mitch13

I just received this 1. T. W. Ablett out of shefield. I've wanted 1 of Trevor's knives for awhile, as he is 1 of the last handmade maker's out of Shefield.

It's an Ettrick pattern, whith wharnie & peach pruner blades, made popular around the English scottish border.
Carbon blades, brass bolsters & liners & buffalo scales. I'm happy with it, blades came sharp, scales & bolsters chamfored so no sharp edges I do like he has used a full 3rd liner to sperate blades. Blades mirror polished. There are some blemishes, a couple rough marks where bolsters meet liners, could have been buffed a bit more a few marks on the ricasso's. Walk & talk is good. If it was a high end knife I might be dissapointed but as Trevor makes his knives to be used & as they run around a $100 for a handmade knife I can see why this became a popular pattern, feels good in the hand & screaming to be used. I've never had a folding pruner before so I'm looking forward to slipping it in the pocket
This is the first time it's been an advantage being an Aussie knife enthusiast. An Aussie dealer had some in stock
cheers
Mitch
0000583.jpg

0000588.jpg

0000591.jpg

Dany makes me want to eat biltong all day long never mind pruning something. Mitch beautiful knife.

Back