OH YEAH!!! Another great day to be Forging!

The 60°F we had here this morning is my idea of winter and good forging weather! Can't imagine -25. Well, back in my much younger years I lived up on Ill/Wis state line for a winter - I did ride the old Harley around a bit in -10°F weather. Streets were iced over, but so cold it wasn't that slick. Me, I'll stay South of I-10 :) ;)

The cold took out my car battery but remembering back when I grew up here the winters were longer. No 45° degree weather in December and January like we had this year so I shouldn't complain much.

Doug

It's about 4pm, which is normally our "hottest" part of the day, and it's a balmy -10F! I played ball a little bit with Blade (my Lab), but had to stop when the ball was freezing to his lips! :)

And I was just complaining about 18 degrees!! It's true what they say, someone's always has it worse than you!

It's about 4pm, which is normally our "hottest" part of the day, and it's a balmy -10F! I played ball a little bit with Blade (my Lab), but had to stop when the ball was freezing to his lips! :)
Don't throw the ball with your mouth .... Makes the ball wet AND sticky 'specially in the cold !

Dang, -25 would probably kill me, the Florida panhandle dips into the 20s sometimes but only for a few days and usually only a few hours each day. it hit 79 today in the Tampa Bay area.

And the trend continues....

12Feb21.png

I purchased a new indoor/outdoor thermometer this year...... I just checked it's manual.... it only reads to -22F..... wonder why they chose that number for a lower limit??

IMG-5725.jpg

Well NUTS! So much for using Orange Crush! Even with the block heater plugged in, the Kubota diesel won't start. May have some frozen fuel, and I suspect the hydraulic fluid is too thick to flow anyway. Will give it another try when the temp gets to -10 or so. :)

Well NUTS! So much for using Orange Crush! Even with the block heater plugged in, the Kubota diesel won't start. May have some frozen fuel, and I suspect the hydraulic fluid is too thick to flow anyway. Will give it another try when the temp gets to -10 or so. :)
I am cold thinking about that. But for here, below 40 is dang cold...

Back