Official KnifeDogs Summer 2014 Knife in the Hat (KITH) Thread

All I have now is a few bars of steel and some drawings. But also have new toys coming from Boss and I'll be ready to swing into gear once school is out! :35:

All I have now is a few bars of steel and some drawings. But also have new toys coming from Boss and I'll be ready to swing into gear once school is out! :35:

Still plenty of time! My shop time the past few weeks has been almost non-existent. I do have one heat-treated, and some potential handle material picked out. Hopefully I'll be able to get back at it soon.

Awsome! I realize I'm new here and haven't posted any pictures of my work yet so I appreciate the spot!
Feel free to drop some pics in the New makers section if you want, we all start somewhere. I'm not going to lie though, I did poke around a bit and saw your tapered tang thread.... anyway, welcome aboard!

I will try to get in on this one, if you guys will have me.

For clarification is it best to aim for a 4" fixed blade?

My KITH Knife

Here it is in all its glory. :biggrin:

It is 8.25 inches of A2 heat treated at Peters to 59 HRC. Satin finished with some desert Ironwood I got from Bossdog. Sheath is a simple pouch sheath made with black kydex and a TekLok.

20140508_195647.jpg20140508_195739.jpg

Edit: BTW the blade ended up being a touch over 4 inches. If it ends up being an issue for who ever gets it, let me know and I will have a back up ready.

Last edited:
is it too late to join this? I have been working on a knife for this years KITH but just noticed I'm not on the list... turns out I never actually posted in this thread like I thought.
- Cameron

I completely missed the deadline on this but I started it today and will stay on it this week until it is done. I will respect the rules and bow out and if you need another to even things out I should have mine done this week.

Back