off topic: HELP! I need help with my new business

Sean Cochran

OK, I know this is not knife related:shush:, but I wanted to post here with all the creative minds gathered together:biggrin:

I was just given the chance to take over an adventure tourism business. It consists of canoe and kayak rentals on the river from class I through class IV, also our town has a 5 acre lake and I will have paddle boats on it. Starting in the spring we will be doing overnight camping trips on the Pine Mt trail as well as paintball. We will be doing parties and corporate retreats.

Here is the thing, Im having a hard time coming up with a good name and logo. I have a tag line "Your adventure begins here!". The catch is the people who owned the business before did a poor job with it and the the city and tourism commision are very interested in seeing this succeed. Since the last people used the word "river" in their name and I dont want any connection with them.

So here is your challenge, help me come up with a name and/or logo.
If anyone comes up with one that I use there will be a custom slipjoint in their future.:3:

PS if any Knife Dog happens to come through Pikeville Ky, you have a free canoe trip, just let me know you are going to be here.

Sean

no problem at all with this thread, I just moved it to the business forum...

Google is your very best friend here. Seriously and in a big way.
Google up the people that are in the exact same business you are. Pay real close attention to those that are on the first page. They are there for a reason. Copy what they say and do. A web site expert here is worth the $500 to $1000 you will pay them to get you good page ranking. Also check out the Google adwords advertising. You can advertise on Google for what ever daily budget you set.

good luck with your new business. I hope you do well..I can tell you from experience, starting a new small business is insanely challenging but pretty fun too..

no problem at all with this thread, I just moved it to the business forum...

Google is your very best friend here. Seriously and in a big way.
Google up the people that are in the exact same business you are. Pay real close attention to those that are on the first page. They are there for a reason. Copy what they say and do. A web site expert here is worth the $500 to $1000 you will pay them to get you good page ranking. Also check out the Google adwords advertising. You can advertise on Google for what ever daily budget you set.

good luck with your new business. I hope you do well..I can tell you from experience, starting a new small business is insanely challenging but pretty fun too..

Thanks Tracy. BTW any ideas? ;)

Pikeville Adventures is a good one Stew. I like it.

I will do alittle research and be back Sean.
"your adventure begins here" is good.

"whether it is water or trail, we have a trip for you"
"slow and easy? or fast and furious? We can make it happen"
"never lost, occasionally turned around, but never lost"
"a stroll, a river roll, a quiet float? give us a call, we do'em all"

Most people read about two lines of anything then you loose them. (present typist included)

Last edited:
Cochran Adventures
COA Cochran Outdoor Adventures
AOE Appalachian Outdoor Experiences
APP Appalachian Pack & Paddle
PCOA Pike County Outdoor Adventures (really Stew's idea if you use it)
Triple P Pikeville Pack & Paddle

OK, I tired of trying to be creative.
Dozier

Last edited:
Wild & Wet Adventures

Kinda reminds me of something else though.
You can send the slippy anytime now.

Good luck,
Rudy

Pikeville Passages - "Follow your dreams upon our streams" - or - Sean's Oar House

Last edited:
Here is something I whipped up quick
cccadventures-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cumberland Outdoors.

The name applies to the wider geographic region, and is more recognizable to tourists from outside the area. The name is also generic enough that it doesn't tie you to just rafting trips, i.e. it's your one stop for Cumberland outdoor recreation--rafting, kayaking, backpacking, rockclimbing, guided hunts, etc.

Good ideas so far, keep em comin.

Denny
Ive always wanted to be the proprieter of an oar house but just cant get the wife to get on board. :)

I could just about make it to ya Wayne, only problem is the river running from this side of Pine Mt flows north to the Ohio. I guess I could get to the south side of the mt.

Sean

Back