NWGS (sorta) Workshop

Wayne Coe

Forum Owner - Moderator
I just made an order from USAKnifemaker.com and saw that this Forum was available. I got Tracy's plans a while back and after the Blade Show came home, ordered parts and built mine. I am extremely pleased with it, although, I did weld it and made several changes from the plans. I have discussed with Tracy about building these grinders for interested persons, or conducting workshops.

I have been requested to conduct a workshop December 18-20th. That is the third weekend in December. I expect that we will get together on Friday, late afternoon, to get acquainted and discuss the weekend's proceedings. Saturday morning we will go to the shop and start assembling grinders. We should be able to finish grinders on Saturday but can use Sunday for finishing touches or just play in the forge. There is space for camping or campers, or participants can either sleep in the shop or the dormitory type basement. I will not be furnishing food for the workshop but there are grills, an oven/microwave and refrigerator available. There is a restroom in the shop and a full bath in the basement. There is a motel about 15 miles away and several B&Bs close. It is 15 miles to any other place to eat and 9 miles to the nearest grocery store. If you want "adult beverages" for the evenings or after work is done you should bring them.

I am including a copy of the Build a Belt Grinder brochure, I am attaching it as a PDF.

Please let me know if you can attend this workshop. If you can attend this workshop reply to this e-mail and let me know that your deposit of $600.00 is in the mail. The total cost is $900.00. If you send a deposit and then, for some reason, are unable to attend I will refund your deposit when I am able to use the parts ordered for the workshop, either in this workshop or some later workshop. We need to get the deposits in as quickly as possible because there is quite a bit of lead time in ordering the parts and doing the shop prep work.

This grinder is based on the "No Weld Grinder Sander". The plans are available at www.usaknifemaker. This incarnation is welded and has several other modifications, which I believe are improvements.

You will not need to bring any tools. Just expect to be here, have a good time and leave with a grinder ready to plug in and go to work.

Please e-mail me or call me with any questions.

I hope to hear from you soon.

<);-)>
Wayne Coe
WayneCoe@Highland.net
http://www.WayneCoeBlacksmith.Etsy.com
423-628-6444
729 Peters Ford Road
Sunbright, Tennessee 37872

Reply: (please fill out this form and return it to me)

I can attend December 18-20

I can not attend at this time but keep me informed as to later workshops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Mr Coe,.. You may want to post this under the Main Forum News section as well, for more exposure.
Also some pix of a finished grinder or two .
Enjoy your time here :)

yes we need pictures. thank's here is one of mine that i built....would love to see yours...

Attachments

• aij 002 (935 x 702).jpg
    aij 002 (935 x 702).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 25
NWGS

Thanks, I did make an attachment but don't see it. The attachment is titled Build A Belt Grinder. I asked Tracy about what happened to it but I haven't heard back from him yet. If the brochure won't attach I can send it to you off list. Let's see if these pictures work. Well, I clicked on the picture but it only gave me a place to insert a URL so I don't know what to do. I will just try inserting them, like I did the attachment. If that doesn't work I'll just have to wait for someone to educate me.

Attachments

• Copy of Grinder 1.JPG
    Copy of Grinder 1.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Copy of Grinder 2.JPG
    Copy of Grinder 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Copy of Grinder 4 With Work Rest.JPG
    Copy of Grinder 4 With Work Rest.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Grinder Front.JPG
    Grinder Front.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 49
great job there Wayne

I see you added the pillow block plate, it really made alignment much more reliable on mine.

...Here is Wayne's brochure...

(there is a low limit to file attach sizes in this area of the forum. I'll have to increase that when I get a chance.)

Attachments

• Build a Belt Grinder Brochure.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Tracy, I figured that it was sumpin like that.
Thanks Stephan. I was at Stephan's shop when I first saw the NWG. Stephan is a "go to work kinda guy. I prettyed mine up a little and painted it. After all I am trying to impress folks to either come to one of my workshops or host one. If someone organizes a workshop (gets the guy and gals to sign up, gets the shop and collects the deposits) I give them $100.00 off the cost of their attendence. Send me an e-mail at waynecoe@highland.net if you are interested in being the Liaison or attending a workshop.

Big Blu

Thanks Denton,,,and the others who have sent complements.

Actually the grinder is painted Big Blu Blue and on the table there is also a Makita Chop Saw. I also make sure that I ware matching socks.:p

You are just up the road, come visit some time, Just let me know that you are coming ahead of time.

Back