NT Kith 2013

Hmmm, I was just fixing to start on a Meat cleaver with some moose antler trimmings....
If that's the theme, just going to have to throw in. What's the full rundown/ timeline? this will be my first KITH...

Here's a teaser for my entry. Nothing is glued up yet and the handle block is bedded but
obviously unshaped at this point. LOTS of firsts for me in this project -- I have sort of a
WIP set of pictures I'll be posting once it is done.

P5153104.jpg

Only problem is that there is almost no chance I'll get a sheath finished by June 3. Just
finishing the knife is going to be tight with the couple of out of town trips I have this month.

Awesome work all around. Troy, that boy of yours has some serious skill. I've been swamped, and then put out of commission this past week due to a nose surgery. I was rooting around in the garage and found a skinner I had started a while back that's ready for heat treating, so I'll probably finish it up over the next couple of weeks.

I just got back into town so I didn't get to see this yesterday. That's my size of knife. With a blade that big no Zombie will get away!!!

As bad as I hate too, I'm going to have to drop out. Just ran out of time to finish it up. Between this divorce and getting the house ready to sell, my knife making has taken a hit lately. Look forward to seeing all the entries.

I'm embarressed as hell, because I brought this up, but I'm out this year too. Just too many irons in the fire this spring, and unfortunately I don't mean that literally. I can't see any way for me to finish up before the deadline. Since I don't have any skin in the game I'd be happy to do the drawing for you guys.

Mostly done!

Still need to put an edge on it and finish the core of my originally planned sheath.
I won't have time to make the whole thing, but at least there'll be safe case for the
blade (with traditional Neo-Tribal magnetic blade retention).

Here's a picture of how the handle came together:
P5303356.jpg

And here's what it looks like in hand:
P5303357.jpg

Chop Licker is my entry. There are some great looking entries, really looking forward to the drawing.

Attachments

• Chop Licker 010.jpg
    Chop Licker 010.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 14
  • Chop Licker 011.jpg
    Chop Licker 011.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 12
Off the top of my head we have

messerist
Gunnar
Wade Houghman
Dan Pierson
James-G
TacticallySharp
Stormcrow

Am I missing anyone? I'll give it until later today to make sure there are no late entries.

Sorry I couldn't make it this time....

To the victors belong the spoils.
- Andrew Jackson

Last edited:
Back