NT Kith 2013

A question for the participants. My 11 year old son is starting to forge knives and asked if I would see if he could enter the KITH. He is not a member of Knifedogs but oogles everyone's work here every chance he gets. I would help him over the rough spots and ensure he makes a good blade. I told him I would seek the opinions of those entered first.

I'm cool with it. Troy's a part of the gang, and we all know he's trustworthy. Maybe we'll get a chance to prove that great knife making skills is genetic.

If Troy makes it and Dad trades it, I see no problems with it. Who knows we may be getting a knife from a young Moran or the next Loveless. I hope he can mark it as his work!

When is the due date please? On another note, I had a nice thin big chopper forged out. quanched and tempered , took it outside the and saw a crack on the edge . I think i quanched the blade in to cold oil.

My son Gunnar sanding on his "Zombie Chopper" for the KITH. He has been putting in overtime on the blade. June 3rd can't come fast enough for him. He has decided to do a "glow-in-the-dark" paracord wrap for a handle. Hopefully can wrap it tomorrow. He is out working on it as I type. Thanks to you all for letting him participate. Gunnars blade.jpg

I'm sure one day he will be a great knifemaker if his passion continues.

I just signed up for a Handles & Guards class and will not get back from it until late the 10th of June. I will be mailing out my knife to whoever gets it the 11th when I get back if that is OK with you all.

And I'll be travelling back from Blade, or recovering, but will get it mailed within the next couple of days after that.

A couple more shots of my son's knife for the KITH. He has wrapped the handle with glow-in-the-dark paracord. I wish the camera took better night shots but they are all blurry. One should have no problem finding the blade during the the power outaged that are sure to accompany a Zombie Apocolypse.
Zombie chopper.jpg

Zombie chopper II.jpg

Almost done..jpg

Now it is time to make the sheath.....and I have to finish mine!!!

Well we now know it runs in the family. A great knifemaker in the rough. I believe we will be seeing a lot of great things from him. Keep up the good work!

Back