Now I've made everything

Chuck Gedraitis Knives

Over the course of my knifemaking career I have made all sorts of knives and most of them all different. I have just reached another milestone, my first lockback. The blade is 2-7/8in long made of Al May ladder pattern damascus. The bolsters are bronze that I heated to give some patina, they will develop more naturally. The scales are mammoth ivory. I heat colored and fileworked the screws and anodized the liners blue. Overall length is 6-5/8in. I am very happy with my first lock-back. The knife has great lockup and a great click when opened. This was a learning experience and I plan to make more.

So now I have made:
Lock-backs
Balisongs
Slip-joints- single and multi-blade
Fixed blades
Liner locks
Frame locks
And automatics of various mechanisms.
Thanks for looking,
Chuck

Attachments

• 1st lockback.jpg
    1st lockback.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 1st lockback b.jpg
    1st lockback b.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 128
I like building them all, some are more challenging than others but that keeps it interesting. It also teaches you something new with each knife you make. I think that I have become the most efficient at liner locks. I think that my next challenge will be to build a split back whittler. Maybe sometime this summer?

Very nice one, now you need to do a front locking one, here is an example of one by my friend, WT Fuller, gone but not forgotten.
tbwtf-1.jpg

Good stuff Chuck!
Don't forget... you made me a No-Lock Pinch Blade! In Red. cool 1

that's a gorgeous folder mate.
The only problem that I can see,
is that my hand isn't lovingly wrapped around it...
sigh.:(
:D

I have had the pleasure of engraving one of Chucks bronze folders & was very pleased with quality of his work.

Back