No pattern slipjoint tutorial

jim moyer

I wrote up a tutorial on making slipjoint knives without using a pattern. How to create your own instead....It is a small PDF file

Let me know your thoughts, my object is not how to make a slipjoint in its entirety, just showing how to get creative.

View attachment NPSJ-TUTORIAL.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting. Were you taught to make them that way or that was the method you developed on your own?

Alistair

Great, I bookmarked and will be referring to this in the future.

Good pics and very clear presentation, not to mention your design approach.2thumbs

Very interesting. Were you taught to make them that way or that was the method you developed on your own?

Alistair

Something that I worked out as I spend many hours in my shop. Seven days a week. I was working on a pattern and was measuring the tang for accuracy and it just grew from there. I found it allows more creativity for the next one.

Thanks Mark, love the thumbs up.

Jim

Your welcome Mark. One thing about using this tutorial you will come up with a pattern that is a go........So to save time you can make a pattern from your original for future sales.

I just found this tutorial. Will make one as soon as I get the time, but it might still be a while as I have NO cash assets. Thank you for the tutorial!

I just found this tutorial. Will make one as soon as I get the time, but it might still be a while as I have NO cash assets. Thank you for the tutorial!

I make numerous patterns using the the no pattern method and all I use is 1/8 inch particle board. I just made one yesterday that will be added to my list of folders. You don't need metal to make these and they are just fun to do.

If bigdog wants to host this tutorial as a sticky I can send this 435 KB PDF tutorial as an attachment.
I shut down my knifebusinesss and the site along with it.

Send me a PM

Jim

Back