New model prototype,opinions please.

since you ask for opinions, I like it but would prefer stag with that blade profile. It has a hunting knife blade but a carbon fibre handle. They just don't look like they belong together. I bet its the first one that sells off your table.

since you ask for opinions, I like it but would prefer stag with that blade profile. It has a hunting knife blade but a carbon fibre handle. They just don't look like they belong together. I bet its the first one that sells off your table.

Bruce,
I agree with you,I personally would prefer a stag handle,however I know these types of knives,by other makers, are well received and sell well. To make a liner less knife I must use some handle material that is strong enough for that purpose,what would you think of stag jigged brown G-10? :)

Bruce,
I agree with you,I personally would prefer a stag handle,however I know these types of knives,by other makers, are well received and sell well. To make a liner less knife I must use some handle material that is strong enough for that purpose,what would you think of stag jigged brown G-10? :)

I agree the handle material needs to be strong if there are no liners. I've seen some brown Micarta that has some pattern, I think it was called barbed wire micarta. Stag wouldnt hold up very long without the rigidity of liners.

I like it and as an avid hunter think the blade shape would work much better skinning game with the belly as is than most that I have seen or used. I also like the contrast of the CF and steel parts. Its close to the perfect practical use folder for my dad or myself.

Calvin, I really like that one and I think the belly on the blade works fine. I think it would be a good for skinning game.
Beautiful work, again. Thanks for sharing.

Back