New Kydex bender to this forum- Pictures

K Robinson

My name is Kevin Robinson, My Company is Tactical Innovations Engineering, TIE for short.
I have been working in kydex for 2 years and been a knife enthusiast for 30 years.
I am awaiting my forum here to be set up and look forward to contributing as well as learning from all the members here.
In the mean time Here are a few pictures of my work.

Attachments

• 11 2.jpg
    11 2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Buck Intrepid--5-1-11.jpg
    Buck Intrepid--5-1-11.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 48
  • ZT 0300 MRS (Herring).jpg
    ZT 0300 MRS (Herring).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 44
Just started prototyping Holsters, Here is my second.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Springfield XD #2- 5-25-11.jpg
    Springfield XD #2- 5-25-11.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 24
All of my sheaths and holsters are Level II retention, by a user manipulated lock of my design (TIE Lock)

Kevin, glad to have you. Nice to see some fresh designs in this area. Those look good and so does the craftsmanship.
Your forum is set and ready to go.

Welcome to the pack. Those are some really great looking designs and nice examples if great looking craftsmanship. If I may ask, how are you molding your kydex? Are you using a press or vacuum moulding? I'm curious because those are some exceptionally crisp lines in your moulding and I find it dang near imposible to do with press moulding. Very impressive work.

Murph:
Sorry for the slow reply but to answer your question, I do use a press that I designed and built.
I can choose the amount of pressure to apply, from light to extreme and anywhere in between, LOL I was not trying to rhyme.

OK, you said you built a custom press. Now you have to show us pics. You may not have caught the fine print, but anytime you mention custom equipment, you have to show us pics of it. :)

Back