New Forge

Gliden07

Well I've collected most of the parts for the gas part for the burners, got the Kiln shelf cut and fitted. Need to cut the rear door out and figure out what I want for front and rear shelves to support the fire brick to help keep heat in forge. Then it will be time to get messy with the Satinite and ITC. IMG_20180515_24381.jpg
These are all the hoses and most of the valves (still need a ball valve for shut off) 30PSI regulator, 2 needle valves to adjust pressure at the burners so I can balance them. And that is my model Zoe!!

Last edited:

Gliden07

Cut the back of forge body for a pass through for longer blades. Made it 3" wide and 4" tall so a standard Firebrick will fit in it. I'll take some pics and post. Next up couple of shelves to hold Firebrick then Satinite the wool and top coat with the ITC. While all that drys I'll work on burners! Still a long way to go!!

Gliden07

IMG_20180707_4909.jpg

Here is the cut out pass thru on the backside of the forge. Finally got a pic. Next need to cut out the Kao-Wool from the Burner tubes and coat with first thin coat of Satinite. Time is at a PREMIUM right now!!