Need New stencils for etching.

Rusty McDonald

KNIFE MAKER
Ok Dogs who makes your stencils and how good are they?
I need some new stencils for my Slipjoints (smaller ones) and was thinking about trying someone elses stencils for a change. I have been using Lectrotech stencils and they work fine for me but I'd like to try some others now. Tell me where you get yours.

Ernie Grospitch, who is a Knifedog, does great work. Search him and you wont be dissappointed. He does design or works from yours.

Steve

Just got off the phone with Ernie myself. I figure it's about time I had a stencil made.

Made a set of kitchen knives for a customer. The customer wanted the names "Matthew", "Mark", "Luke", and "John" on the blades. I had never used Ernie, but had heard great things about his stencils.

Long story short............ Contacted Ernie on Saturday, had the stencils the following Wednesday, Etched the blades on Thursday. Very crisp etch and I couldn't ask for any better.

Now if the customer only likes the blades.......... Who knows.

Ernie is great to deal with. Give him a call.

Robert

YUP! ERNIE is THE BEST!

He spent two years (off and on) helping me figure my stencil out. We must haveworked on 8 or 9 ideas. BUt it wouldn't come to gether.

FInally, when I got my act together...Ernie was there to make the stencil.

Go to Ernie and breathe easy.

GO BLUE LIGHTNING!

I am a huge Ernie Grosspich fan . I have used one of the 12 stencils ernie has made for me and its still perfect and ive now done 220 knives with the same stencil . Just to let you other guys in on how to make the stencils last it to wash it with liquid hand soap after every batch of knives you stencil and then tape the stencil flat to dry out . kellyw

Back