My personal knife

Montucky

I've been working on this knife in between orders. I ran myself out of steel and figured I would finish one for myself while I was waiting. I wanted to keep it simple...but nice enough to not be embarrassed to drag it out of the sheath during hunting season.

Just have to put an edge on it now and I'll be ready when hunting season starts.

.155 Alabama Damascus ( buckshot pattern )
3 5/8" blade
8 5/8" OAL
Curly maple scales

All comments are welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

PICT0002.jpg PICT0008.jpg PICT0006.jpg PICT0009.jpg

Very nice,I like the fact that you did your file work in the handle only,I myself am not a fan of filework on the blade spine itself.I also agree that there has to be a flaw in it for you to keep it,that's a unwritten rule.But another maker could carry and use it for testing purposes and that would be ok.I am exyreamly busy but am willing to test it out for you so you don't break said unwritten rule.Just sayin !

Thanks guys. Special thanks to you Art...for all the help you've given me since I started this hobby.

Rick

Thanks again guys... you guys raise a good point. I've already lost a couple that way.

These scales are really plain and boring in low light.....the edge is almost non existent...no drop point....not enough figure in the blade....hmmm...did I remember to heat treat it?

There...that should do it.

Seriously...I appreciate the kind words guys,
Rick

Back