My NWG Build

Hey Ern.
Since your welding it, I would go ahead and drill a hole and weld a nut for the threads where the bolt holds the tool arm attachment in place. The plans call to drill and tap a hole there but welding a nut will give you more threads .;)
Good luck.

In my first build I welded nuts like Tod suggests. I just did not like the look, I thought that it looked sloppy. I have never had a problem shearing the threads out and I have been using it with threaded tubing for a year now. I have thought that If I needed more threads I would cut and drill a square the width of the tubing and weld it on, then tap it. I haven't done it but I do think that it would look neater.

Wow, Long time no update..... :)

Ok fine here is an update.

Still sitting in the same spot in my shop since july :(
I am saving for a motor and the wheels now. I was going to buy a motor with taxes but found a heat treat oven that i couldnt pass up.

I did however make this :) Now just a few other parts and I should be a grinding freak!!!!!! :)

2011-03-12_12-58-24_482.jpg

Ernie I know motors are expensive ,I would phone around and try to find a used one cheap if your lucky. I am using my 1 hp its ok but I need to get my act together as ive got a 2hp and a vfd for it. Just gotta hook it up. Kellyw

Back